AVIC411.com

Hello,

I have been a member of this site for a few years with the username mokinweed. I had to make a new name for not remembering my password, and the old email addy i used is not accessible either lol.

I have a June 2007 model z2 in a toyota tacoma. I bought it new and had it installed by local shop. Recently the gps would freeze, but would start working again pretty quickly. vehicle dynamic screen froze too.

connection status says gps nok, installation status nok.

Other problems are scratched screen, ejecting has to be helped closed. This occured over 2 years ago in an attempted theft of my avic. It worked perfect for those two years since the attempted theft, until the gps started messing up recently. I just lived with the scratch and eject problems for those years.

everything else worked fine, hdd ect.

I took the radio out today to be sent for repair. I talked to a guy on ebay that will will fix all of the problems it has for $120. Here is the link http://www.ebay.com/...4#ht_796wt_1247

Seems to have good feedback. Does this sound like a good deal to you all?

I have one more question. When removing the unit i removed the wire nuts and soldered and shrink wrapped all of them. In the process there is one wire i am not too sure about where it goes. It is on the parking brake wire after a small red plastic thing that has 0.5 and 0.85 on each side. It looks as if the red box and the yellow and brown wire added for a bypass. The yellow wire I believe is the parking brake bypass thats added to the plug on the avic. The green is the park brake wire. Does the added yellow and brown wire pass through the red box from where its added to the plug? have to hit ok on the warning screen, but video and nav always work when driving. I added a pic of the connector and wire i am talking about.

I would appreciate any input anyone may have. So. vbrry for the confusing explanations

Thanks, Jeremy

th_2c22667f.jpg

th_6f049de2.jpg

th_865cb4f4.jpg