AVIC411.com

New owner of a (used) F90BT -- Questions, Help please

I bought a used F90BT from a guy who seems pretty honest. The unit looked very clean.

I installed it in my daughter's Hyundai Elantra...

Here's the rub... After the unit boots, Many menu items are disabled. Only the AV settings are enabled. The Navi menu and the System Settings menu are disabled :-(.

In maps, the Address icon is disabled. Therefore, I can't search by address.

I thought this might be a password-protection thing, but I went to the password menu, and both set password and clear password are disabled.

Of course I tried the RESET pin, but that did nothing.

I'm not sure if this is a custom firmware or not... at boot, the screen is water droplets on water... no Pioneer logo.

Am I screwed or just missing something?

BTW, I'm a software engineer, so have no problems updating firmware (from Pioneer or otherwise). Just hope I was not screwed on this sale.

Audio, Ipod, CD, Map display/GPS all work fine -- just cant use phone/bluetooth and navigation features :-(

Any help appreciated.

I did not see you mention anything about the parking brake switch being done. Sounds like you may not have your parking brake hooked up to a switch and have it ON?

No ... is that the issue? I thought that was only for watching DVDs? Does it disable the other modes?