AVIC411.com

AVIC X930BT Nav Problems

I just installed a new X930BT in my 2006 RSX last night, and have some serious problems with the navigation. Now I read a couple threads here talking about how it is pretty bad in these units, but mine is even worse.

1. When driving on a road, it doesnt put me on the road at all. I should be seeing what street I am on at the moment on the bottom, correct? I don't see anything like that.

2. When I try to set a destination, it doesnt give me turn by turn directions. I suspect that this is because the GPS still hasn't locked me as actually being on the correct route or anything. I can go waaaaay off the route though and it doesnt even try redirecting me.

3. I have about 9 of the red satellites and 1 signal bar. I know its not the best but I have the antenna installed under my AC vents. I did this in another car with my AVIC D3 and it works fine.

4. I checked the 3D calibration menu and it just says "Initializing" under the status. I've driven for about 30 miles now. That cant be normal can it? Manually adjusting my position doesn't help.

5. Lastly, it is possible my VSS wire is hooked up incorrectly. When I check the status of it, it is around 5-6 when I am idling at a stop. Is that normal? I am thinking that I hooked it up to the RPM wire on accident.

Thanks for any assistance

K well I moved the VSS wire and got it right, and now it all seems to work pretty well. The only thing is the 3D calibration section. The 3D part has no bars and it still says initializing. Before I fixed the VSS wire it gave me a message that said "G sensor is not detected" or something like that and to double check my installation. I will keep driving around now that I fixed the VSS wire and will reset the 3D thing one more time, but do is the G sensor error probably related to the VSS error?

• 2 weeks later...