AVIC411.com

Strange problems opening and closing

Hi,

My Avic Z2 recently started acting strangely: the unit opens the screen a little and then stops. If I press the eject button, it re-closes then opens up the same little bit again (sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less).

If I pull on the screen while it tries to open it, it will open a little more each time, and eventually open all the way (it takes several presses). If I don't hold it, when I press the eject button, it recloses fine (and then starts over again).

It seems that the mechanism to open and close can do the job, and the geared track doesn't seem loose. Almost like a sensor or other issue (but who knows, I'm just guessing)

While the unit thinks the screen is open, I can't get it to do much of anything -- sometimes if I'm quick I can make it do one or two things before it opens up again.

Any ideas? I tried searching the forum, but most topics seem to indicate an issue where it can't open at all.

Thanks,

Andy

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...