AVIC411.com

Thanks to carver's great post, we can now change the AppRadio's main wallpaper. I originally posted my first attempt at creating custom wallpaper in caver's thread, but decided to create this new thread dedicated to custom wallpapers.

I've attached 4 files. The first two are the default AppRadiowallpapers. They are in .bmp format. I used those files as templates to create my custom wallpapers. You will need to create/edit the wallpapers with some sort of photo editing software and save them as 24-bit bmp files using the exact same dimensions and filenames as the original wallpaper files (NX120_BG_1.bmp or NX120_BG_2.bmp).I used Adobe Photoshop Elements to create mine.

Took me several tries to get the positioning/spacing right, but I created two wallpapers which are the 3rd an 4th attachments: First one is a Toronto Raptors background, second one is a Montreal Canadiens background.

Here's how to install them:

1. After creating your wallpapers, save them on a microSD card
  2. Download the CE66Tool.rar file: http://avic411.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=14878, extract that file and then save the CE66Tool.exe file on the same microSD card
  3. Insert microSD card in AppRadio and then turn it on - Windows will launch
  4. Double tap the My Device icon, double tap on flash card icon, select and copy your custom wallpaper files (NX120_BG_1.bmp and NX120_BG_2.bmp)
  5. Go back to My Device folder, double tap on the Nand Memory folder, double tap on CE66 folder and then double tap on Wallpaper folder
  6. Paste the custom wallpaper in the Wallpaper folder (overwrite existing files)
  7. Turn off Appradio and remove microSD card
  8. Wait at least 5 minutes and then turn on Appradio and your custom wallpaper should be there

NX120_BG_1.bmp

NX120_BG_2.bmp

NX120_BG_1.bmp

NX120_BG_2.bmp

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've noticed that if I run cis from inside CE, then I can actually tap around and get the start menu to come back up.. I can therefore switch around one of the two. Sadly not both, as I whichever was currently loaded when the radio was powered on, won't show until after the 5 min wait.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, i was really impressed by your job.....

I tried yours wallpaper and they works fine, so i decided to created mines but they seems to refused to work and i dont understand why, so i need your help.

Could you give informations about what i f....k, i attached my non working backgrouds if someone could take a look and give the way.

Thanks

NX120_BG_1.bmp

NX120_BG_2.bmp

NX120_BG_3.bmp

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i was really impressed by your job.....

I tried yours wallpaper and they works fine, so i decided to created mines but they seems to refused to work and i dont understand why, so i need your help.

Could you give informations about what i f....k, i attached my non working backgrouds if someone could take a look and give the way.

Thanks

In order to make this work you need to follow the instructions from the first post "rsquared". Then you either need to wait 5 - 10 minutes after making the changes or reset the head unit and see if the wall paper displays. Keep in mind resetting erases all your custom settings and puts it back to factory defaults. Try one of the wall papers I posted and make sure they display.

• 1 month later...

I followed the instructions and everything loaded as promised and my new background seemed to copy/paste properly.

I waited about 30 mins and turned on the AppRadio but the background was just black. I went in to settings and when I touch the "Change Background" button it just beeps 3 fast beeps and won't let me do anything.

Any suggestions?

• 3 months later...