AVIC411.com

Mimics will be great once they have figured out the serious kinks.. last i looked the major problems were that the system you purchase requires you buy an amplifier as its

essentially a touchscreen system your buying (not a head unit) and the following straight from their website..

3. Incoming callers will sound clear through your car speakers. However, incoming callers to your phone will hear an echoing of their voice when speaking to you. Noise canceling apps have not shown to help remedy this problem.

4. Bluetooth headset pairing is not possible with Mimics. Mimics pairs with your phone via Bluetooth and it is not possible to connect an additional headset when paired with Mimics.

7. GPS seems to be less accurate, to about 3000 feet while the system is in use. Once disconnected, accuracy returns to normal.

if we can get access to the program code of the app radio which seems to be windows ce based bizaarely, pinch to zoom, swiping, for all softwares could be used.. and even the annoying hand brake requirement could be removed

I can go arround the GPS problem by using tomtom, being using it on my iphone without a problem, however there is more to what you've mentioned, no radio tuner for poeple (like me with t-mobile) who don't want to pay for data plan to stream online radio or pandora, The system is too expensive, no steering wheel control, no external GPS antenna.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

maybe any have idea to add this module in pioneer appradio?

yes i think i do. first you just have to think how they got this to work in the first place and its over bt and installing drivers on your phone. the chip they make you buy essentially is just a bluetooth module that only communicates sensor data from the screen. since the chip has some sort of software/ code on you would need to write that code to the bluetooth module inside the unit. this can be done by getting there source code from there unit and intergrating into the current firmware and write it to the sd card