AVIC411.com

Android and the Z130 (Pandora)

Well, you can get this to work via an Android phone. Not easy, but it can be done.

First, you need an Android phone that has built-in hotspot capability (my HTC Sensation does)

Second, you need an IOS device that can connect to the Internet via wireless (my ipod Touch can)

I'm betting most of you have ipods in your car to support your music library. I thought, based on my conversations with Pioneer, that I'd never get either AHA or Pandora to work via the Pioneer's interface.

BUT, it can be done. I setup my phone's wireless hotspot, then setup the Touch's wireless to connect to the phone for an IP. Voila, it works! I can use the phone to provide internet connectivity to the Touch, which then connects to the Pioneer, and I can use the native Pioneer interface to control Pandora.

Kind of kludgy, but it works!

• 1 month later...

Not sure why you are all going thru the trouble of tetheering, i run pandora on my mytouch4g and hit blutooth on my z120 and the pandora plays, this is why i didnt bother buying the ipod touch. it would be a diff story if ipod touch netflix can connect to my z130bt

Just wondering...does the HU display Song/Arist info? Can you skip a song? I've never tried it, but I'd guess "No" to both. So that's why the cable connection w/Pandora UI on the HU.

On the other hand, I do often stream internet audio over BT from my Android phone from Tune-In radio. I only use my iTouch/iPod to play MP3s. It seems like too much hassle to tether and deal with lost connections (TMobile does drop data switching from tower-to-tower sometimes).

Just wondering...does the HU display Song/Arist info? Can you skip a song? I've never tried it, but I'd guess "No" to both. So that's why the cable connection w/Pandora UI on the HU.

On the other hand, I do often stream internet audio over BT from my Android phone from Tune-In radio. I only use my iTouch/iPod to play MP3s. It seems like too much hassle to tether and deal with lost connections (TMobile does drop data switching from tower-to-tower sometimes).

Yes and no, my iphone 4s would show the song when using bluetooth to play songs and it would let me skip the tracks. My galaxy nexus does not show the song but lets me skip the track. I believe the reason why the iphone 4s shows the track song and all that jazz is because it has bluetooth 4.0 I have my ipod touch hooked up to my HU but i use my android phone sometimes to get more variety.