AVIC411.com

I have a question. Is it at all possible to take the map upgrade from another Pioneer Unit and convert it to be used on the D-3?

I saw on Pioneer's site that the u310-bt upgrade has to be transferred to a mem card from a supplied DVD. I wonder if its possible to somehow use this DVD or the information on it, and apply it to our systems? I really don't feel like paying 1000 bucks to upgrade my entire system.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yea I gotta agree, it's ridiculous that they stop supporting them after so long. Not to mention why configure them to use different map discs, why not program the firmware on all the units so they can read the same discs? But I guess it's like you said, they just want you to buy a newer unit for a G.

• 1 month later...

Not to defend pioneer but as technology advances it becomes necessary update the software to take advantage of it. It is no longer compatible with the older units. They will continue to support the older units until it is no longer profitable. If not we'd all still be using 8-tracks....