AVIC411.com

In your opinion has pioneer fixed the app radio? would you actually recommend it?

I previously had a z110bt(updated to 120) which i enjoyed( though the maps left alot to be desired) i traded in the car and now have a stock subaru deck in my WRX.

im looking to get navigation back and looking for some input, I love the idea of the appradio but i have read alot of negative things about it.

for those of you using it daily, would you recommend it? what do you love? hate?

It's ok and thats about it.

I had a F900BT before this and have to say that was much better, though double the price. Boot-up times are much faster than the F900, I only use my appRadio for music as i got fed up trying to fumble around loading the app from the phone, that part really needs to be sorted. If i had to choose from either i would def go back to the F900.

Also, phone quality on the AppRadio is awful, again, F900 was perfect for me.

I would recommend it with a couple of caveats. I think it's still for early adopters that understand what's going on with the head unit and the iPhone at this point. I knew what I was getting and was willing to accept some early adopter hassles, so it meets my expectations, but I still want to see more improvements going forward.

You're still going to need to mount the iPhone relatively close to the head unit. The app switching is getting better in that most of the compatible apps now send you back to the AppRadio app when you press the home button on the head unit. This isn't a perfect solution, but it does address the need to switch apps on the phone vs. the head unit. Not all apps do this yet and you may use audio apps like Slacker that aren't compatible with the AppRadio interface that will still require using the phone to switch to/from.

Also, MotionX is a fantastic GPS application and I love how it uses both the iPhone and AppRadio screen to maximize screen real estate, but some people would prefer everything on the AppRadio screen. As it stands now, this is another reason to mount the phone close to the head unit. ProClip USA has a number of good options on that front IMO, though.

The occasional glitch that causes you to force quit an app or reset the head unit will occur. You have to be OK with that in the current incarnation of things. That said, I continue to think that you get a really valuable set of features at a great price. Where else are you gonna get a navigation head unit with a capacitive touch screen this big for around $300? Plus, as more apps appear and Pioneer continues to update their app and firmware, it will only get better.

I think it ok if you only want AM/FM Radio, play music from your iPhone, and ocasionally play videos, use gps, intenet radio. If you have more that 2 external amplifiers forget it..

For the reasons above I'm switching to a X930bt.. Parametric eq, auto eq function, 3 pair RCA preout, lpf, hpf, etc..

A lot of things have to be updated....a firmware update, "appradio" app update too...somtimes it stress me really...

Anyway i like the design, and the things that can be done with display out...

i had an F700... at the begining was the startup time to this model really long...pioneer finally correct it...

i think as much people complain, much faster pioneer will update and improve the appradio...

if this unit was more cheap to buy, people would understand better the bugs...but it's "Pioneer", not "Tokai" or some first price unit...

In europe we use "navfree" instead of motion x, and have a free gps unit, that we can update more easier than the avic series, i think it's a good thing....

Personnaly, i keep this unit in my car, and expect not to change it

if the system would be more "open" for people who can improve personnal things instead of waiting pioneer ...that would be great, after all, why pioneer don't allow that "officially"...

i had the appradio and after a few weeks of having it i was verydiscouraged with it. i came from an f90bt so i had high hopes for it, but the radio quality sucks. the parking brake override is a pain in the butt.it was cool for the motionx but not worth it. i sold it and got the pioneer avhp4300dvd for the same money and it does appmode so you can use the navi how you want.

I have the Z130BT, I do like the LOOK of the AppRadio, the clean look, I hate the raised bottom lip on the Z130, if it was flush it would look alot better! I would have had the AppRadio if it had Triple Pre-outs! I have a PRS-A900 high end 4-ch amp and PRS-D1200SPL sub amp, I love the Z130! Now if they incorporate the features of the AppRadio and capacitive touch screen to the Z130 say maybe AVIC-Z140AppRadio!