AVIC411.com

working custom apps/nav launcher for u310bt, f310bt, & f320bt

helpful  

52 members have voted

1. 1. was this procedure helpful and successful for you?

• yes. it works! no problems. so long and thanks for all the navs!
    • works but had issues with the instructions
    • no. doesnt work at all for me.

so parking brake bypass worked, i guess it was a feature of new OS 2.0.

iGo seems to work now - had to use gps_scandebug.exe to find com/baud

i know Pionara launcher.mscr settings swaps com 2 for 4 if GPS uses 2

Mode button doesn't seem to work well while in Igo though

When exiting iGO, does your stock nav work? I'm finding that I have to reset the machine to pickup GPS signals...I also have the problem of the stock nav running very poorly. It updates at a very slow rate and I'm off by a good .1 miles. I wonder if the com port is now screwed up?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When exiting iGO, does your stock nav work? I'm finding that I have to reset the machine to pickup GPS signals...I also have the problem of the stock nav running very poorly. It updates at a very slow rate and I'm off by a good .1 miles. I wonder if the com port is now screwed up?

hmm, dunno, I'll have to play around with it more tomorrow while on the road

Spent more time playing with the GPS this morning...the stock nav is definitely borked. iGO8 though is absolutely perfect and I'd be happy to use it all the time, but overlays don't really work with it and it resets to the now broken nav with every restart of my car. I don't mind how things are now but only if the stock nav worked properly...Can anyone help?

Edit: I tried to reflash the image from the first post here to see if I can get back to a starting point that works but no go...I guess the system simply won't reflash to an image with the same ID. My guess is that the registry concerning the comport for the GPS is messed up but that is strictly a guess...

Does anyone else have this issue? If I can't solve it, I can live with how things are but I sure would like to have overlays working properly with iGO8 at the least...Any help is appreciated! :/

More testing...It's not my com port because I can see that it connects. Perhaps not strongly but it does connect...Really it's just running very sluggishly as if its in emulation mode or something...I think I might have screwed something up when I tried to install Miopocket. Oh well...

More testing...It's not my com port because I can see that it connects. Perhaps not strongly but it does connect...Really it's just running very sluggishly as if its in emulation mode or something...I think I might have screwed something up when I tried to install Miopocket. Oh well...

I ran original Navi today too, and it seems to update my location less frequently as well (although my position is accurate).

This might be a feature of OS 2.0 version (vs 1.3).

I've noticed that if you boot up into explorer and run Igo8 then it has no problems (if u turn off unit, then back on, it boots directly to Igo8), only problem is you don't get overlays and cannot get back into original Navi easily

For some reason my parking brake bypass seems to have failed today, strange, unless the Pioneer unit has adapted to it, or maybe I need to check my connection again

regarding igo8, it is extensively hackable, so we should be able to iron out the kinks..

(and I know that we should find a way to get primo to run eventually too...)

im ordering a used u310bt off of ebay to play with...

w.r.t. the overlays issue... for the time being im wondering if anybody can test a few igo8 sys.txt settings out... this one looks interesting:

try one or both of these:

[debug]
render_without_focus=1

[rawdisplay]
driver="GDI"

also, if that doesnt seem to do anything interesting.. the data gathered from these may also be helpful:

[debug]

show_device_type=1
show_rawdisplay_info=1

wow, i think that may have worked well, overlays now seem to always display (mode button has a delay of about 1s, the touchscreen overlay doesn't register my fingerpress but I'll try the other things you suggested too)

this is my sys.txt file:

[folders]

app="Storage Card/iGO8"

content="Storage Card/iGO8/CONTENT"

[debug]

autosave=1

bringtotop_afterresume=1

skip_eula=1

restart_mode_in_file=1

render_without_focus=1

Nevermind, the overlays are still buggy, but it is more apparent when the Igo is running and updating the map display (i.e. more to redraw), so still sometimes the overlays don't display

Othertimes the overlays display but fail to disappear from the screen (this is usually remedied by just pressing on where a button might be on Igo LCD and it will redraw Igo).

1. If we could modify the settings so that maybe if the Igo display could be refreshed more often (especially after using an overlay)

2. Fixing overlays so that you can actually press something on them on-screen (bring overlays to front?)

3. and again, ensuring overlays fully display when pressing "mode", "volume", etc. (bring overlays to front?)

hmm, I'm not sure where to get a list of the "device info types", but I'm not sure it really matters to Igo

hrmm.. there are some other flags which look interesting on some device models for [loading] section which talk about disabling foreground focus, etc... however, these may just be for the splash screen, but i suspect they could have something to do with the way the window layers are setup, since igo can run on other head-unit multi-purpose nav/radio/dvd systems...

here is another one which could give us some extra debugging data...

[debug]
log_1="\SD Card\igo8_log\_debug.log::5"

may want to pastebin this, as im guessing it could get big, but might have some useful data for analysis..

(i suspect the "reboot" of igo when resuming from sleep is also power settings related) - there again may be settings for this..)

hrmm.. there are some other flags which look interesting on some device models for [loading] section which talk about disabling foreground focus, etc... however, these may just be for the splash screen, but i suspect they could have something to do with the way the window layers are setup, since igo can run on other head-unit multi-purpose nav/radio/dvd systems...

here is another one which could give us some extra debugging data...

[debug]
log_1="\SD Card\igo8_log\_debug.log::5"

may want to pastebin this, as im guessing it could get big, but might have some useful data for analysis..

(i suspect the "reboot" of igo when resuming from sleep is also power settings related) - there again may be settings for this..)

I thought that the reboot of Igo was related to the Navi and/or Launcher settings, because if I put device into TestMode Explorer and Run Igo from there, if I turn off and back on device, it boots to where Igo left off (no reset)

Only problem with running in TestMode is that Overlays don't show up at all in TestMode/Igo

ok interesting... yes, running igo via the app mode is the only way i know of getting the needed overlays/button controls due to the extensive tie-in for this functionality into the stock navi and apps that connect to hmimanager...

Perhaps the gps comport being remapped or the apps not responding to some kind of probe after resume is contributing... may need to disassemble one of the basic stock apps to see what kind of parent process interaction is happening...

I added the following to the sys file in an attempt to push iGO's screen priority as far back as possible...

[screen]

focus=0

There may be a placebo effect because I didn't play a whole lot with the previous settings but on the way home tonight, everything worked as it did with the Navi software (only with a slight lag)...I even get the volume pop-up at the bottom when I turned the knob.

By the way, this link: http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=354489 seems to have a complete list of the parameters you can set...

Also, I have a question...Is there a way of using bluetooth to update TMC data to iGO through my cell phone? I'm not familiar with iGO at all really but from what I see, it seems that in order to get BT, you first need a compatible skin...is that right?

regarding bluetooth.. i dont really think it's possible. they use a parrot chip and drivers... I dont think there is any serial capability.. would be worth looking into the interfaces exposed by the parrot dll tho...

IGO usually conects to TMC adapters serially via comports from what i know... (I dont have any RDS-TMC gear..)

But i was looking at schematics for us model u310bt, and it appears to be wired for extra serial port, but not being used... so perhaps there is some sort of rs-232 serial port tmc adapter available?

Also, noticing that the ipod usb cable exposed doesnt seem to be going straight to PND/faceplate.... It's too bad that the mini-usb gets covered up when the faceplate is installed in the unit.. I woudl think that could make it expandable!

cool.. i was trying to more documenation on that section.. that and other [screen] focus.... entries looked interesting, but like alot of advanced features.... many not well documented... lots of experimentation....

Well, im hoping that's the magic bullet...... let's see with more users testing it out...

hmm, I'll have to try the Focus = 0 setting

the bluetooth & phone was acting funny today - bluetooth loads fine, but doesn't transfer audio from call if my call is already taking place

and regarding the restart issue - I was wondering if maybe leetlauncher could be modified for our use, not sure if it will work tho

http://avic411.com/i...etlauncher-v30/

that thread has files with some extra goodies for us