AVIC411.com

working custom apps/nav launcher for u310bt, f310bt, & f320bt

helpful  

52 members have voted

1. 1. was this procedure helpful and successful for you?

• yes. it works! no problems. so long and thanks for all the navs!
    • works but had issues with the instructions
    • no. doesnt work at all for me.

Regarding phone...I tried making a call today and it worked well. I even got the overlay on top of iGO8 when the call was connected but the onscreen buttons weren't recognized...instead I was touching the iGO screen below it. All calls and dialing had to be done through my phone. I imagine that accepting a call will have to be done through my phone's interface as well (while iGO runs).

Ideally, it'd be fantastic to find a way to get the "menu" button to appear on iGO but that is probably a function of Navi.exe so it is (probably) impossible. I wonder if Leetlauncher ever had that ability?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so for the com port issue.. i suspect that when the unit goes to suspend (car turned off), on resume somehow the unit is not liking the situation (whether it be igo or pioneer hmimanager...) so the igo is getting terminated ungracefully before the second command in launcher.mscr to restore comport is getting triggered.

since the registry changes require a reboot, i suspect we can do a workaround like this:

in launcher.mscr, change:

RunWait("\Storage Card\iGO8\iGO8.exe")
Call("restoreComPort")

to

Call("restoreComPort")
RunWait("\Storage Card\iGO8\iGO8.exe")

This way, the comport will already be "fixed" when the unit reboots after resume (but still be correct for igo til it reboots)...

Bobomango,

so what is your sys.txt look like now for this issue?

do you have both

[debug]

render_without_focus=1

and

[screen]

focus=0

i did not really see any difference with

render_without_focus = 1

so right now, it is

[screen]

focus = 0

but I'm not entirely sure that it has any effect, now I have a better idea of when the overlays work so I will try disable to confirm that line is really working

i tried your change in launcher.mscr when unit not plugged in but it still resets

the launcher.mscr workaround wont fix the igo reset on resume, but it should fix the issue where stock nav gps is broken after reboot....

I dont really understand if you are saying that you had both settings active at one time or not... I was suggesting trying both together, if you havent already...

i had both settings active and did not notice any difference

so then i just had focus=0 active and overlays display perfectly except only when igo is not in actively navigating screen

Ok, it seems that overlays work all the time when just browsing menus in Igo (regardless of focus lines)

the difference in adding the focus lines may only be apparent while Igo is displaying a map onscreen (although I have to do more testing to confirm that there is an actual difference)

Edited by bobomango
Ok, it seems that overlays work all the time when just browsing menus in Igo

Come to think of it, I think you are right...When I hit the menu button, I'll then touch iGOs menu button and that gives me the overlay but overlays like volume changes weren't happening before in any case.

Pionara, I can confirm that your changes fix the stock nav when exiting iGO...THANK YOU!

Edit: I wonder what each of these commands do? Documentation is really poor...I can't find any reference for the majority of SYS.TXT functions...

[screen]
nightmode=0
menu_animation=0
;focus=1
;focus_type=2
;focus_color
;focus_sprite
;focus_halign
;focus_valign
;focus_followlinks
;focus_list_move_before_scroll
;focus_list_keyup
;focus_list_keydown
;focus_list_keyleft
;focus_list_keyright
;focus_activator_key
;current_background="default.bmp"

ok guys.. havent tested this... but just working on putting together an extended apps set

1. launcher.. no changes here.. still customizable

2. activesync... should change some reg settings and reboot back into stock navi... now activesync should be active til next hard reset (can make another app to return to mass storage mode)

3. tools - launches cecmd (total commander) and has a few other utilities in the same folder...

4. igolauncher... this is a different approach from launcher to getting igo started.. please see readme.txt. basically:

- remaps comport, copies .enc and .pwd files to igo folder

- sets up apps.dat to point to igo after reboot

- (igo sys.txt needs your help to set a registry change to set comport back to 2 when igo starts, so next reboot stock nav will have gps)

- resets, which should launch igo.exe directly

these are completly untested so i need your help (since i dont have functional u310bt).. i have no idea if any of this even works or displays right ;)

thanks for the files,

I tried this in "offline mode" (not connected to car). And System Tools works,

but the IgoLauncher and ActiveSync come up with errors

I think this may be due to how you're running the other two, bi runwait commands in the mscr's?

a second thought, the Leetlauncher 3.0 zip has included other apps

I'm not sure howto mod the regular Launcher to execute these programs

but I'd like to see if the Overlays have problems with these programs as well (and if there are problems, then the problem is probably inherent with the Overlays themselves / Launcher / HMImanager.exe

I'm also wondering if it's really necessary to Restart the device after entering App mode

Does this also happen if you install Stock Avic Apps like Clock / Photo Viewer ? (in OS 1.3)

thanks for the feed back.. there was definately a bug in the igolauncher - fixed.. also added one more reg entry that i missed for active sync that may have prevented it from working..

here is alpha2...

----

it's some kind of design of the stock pioneer software to "reboot" to run in app mode and the reboot again into regular stock navi after exiting the app. from what i understand, even the stock apps do it, although they dont work with the cnsd-130fm version that we have to work with.. I hear they work fine on f320bt ... go figure..

activesync doesnt do anything but apply registry changes to enable activesync and the soft reboot. after it reboots, you should be able to hook up to pc and connect w/ activesync to browse internal disk, and do other remote fun stuff like ceregedit

you can have launcher run and/or do anything you want... just change the RunWait line to point to the nav app of your choice...

did you change the path to your igo at the top of IGOLauncher.mscr?

default is:

# set your IGO exe here:

igoExec = "\Storage Card\IGO8\IGO8.EXE"

as far as active sync goes... are you on windows 7? I dont think it shows up as a drive letter like usb mass storage mode... It should show up mobile devices though and be browsable... i think you should get some special tones when it connects via activesync ... we'll I'll just have to wait till I get my other u310bt to play with... doh!