AVIC411.com

working custom apps/nav launcher for u310bt, f310bt, & f320bt

helpful  

52 members have voted

1. 1. was this procedure helpful and successful for you?

• yes. it works! no problems. so long and thanks for all the navs!
    • works but had issues with the instructions
    • no. doesnt work at all for me.

yes, igoExec points to correct path, still is giving error message "Application startup failed. Check file on SD card"

and for ActiveSync - Windows 7 sees Unknown Device, I've tried to install various generic USB drivers for it without success

about the windows not displaying - so we know that the device always registers your mode buttons/volume/etc. The overlays always draw. If Igo displaying map and you press the "mode" button, then no overlay. But if you then press "menu" within Igo, then it goes to Igo Menus then that overlay is sitting there ontop), but it appears that the display hierarchy in Igo is:

1st priority - navigation in Igo (overlays sometimes display if map is not refreshing)

2nd priority - stock overlays

3rd priority - menus in Igo

thus stock overlays always display when in the menus in Igo

is 3rdman's working perfectly? if so, please share sys.txt

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it is not, i'm afraid. Overlays work perfectly while iGO is in a menu but (as you said) once you are on the map screen, it doesn't work as well. The biggest issue is that even when the overlay from the radio displays correctly and predictably, all onscreen touches are registered with iGO only.If you wish to change the radio channel preset, you literally have to exit iGO. :/

I think my "contribution" of focus=0 was a red herring...I can't even find documentation to know what it does. LOL.

bobomango, is your stock nav running normally? I still have the issue of everything running slow and behind...Am I and devl85 the only ones to experience this?

ok found and fixed the bugs in activesync and igolauncher...

still have the reboot after resume with non stock apps... will have to look at that later...

I wanted you to try this (igolauncher), so that igo is run as a direct child process from hmimanager.exe.. maybe this has something to do with window interaction...

cant you change radio presets with left/right or up/down press D-pad ?

My stock navi does appear to run slower (updates my position less frequently, but is still accurate on my position). I thought this might be a result of the OS 2.0 version.

And yes, radio presets can be Accessed with Up/down on D-pad, but can only be Set if you press on the LCD screen (correct me if I'm wrong)

VERY nice, =), IgoLauncher works now, ActiveSync Works and I can access all files on device

I'll test out in car tomorrow

so as for now, it appears all our sys.txt mods do nothing (I've been trying other various things as well, such as changing rawdisplay settings and other screen settings)

cant you change radio presets with left/right or up/down press D-pad ?

LOL I didn't even know that was an option....I'm not contributing much, am I?

Pionara, I just tried your beta apps set and it works a treat! W7 connected to it and automatically downloaded Device Center and then once plugged in, it installed our device as an "NX005"...I too can access all the files on the device! Excellent!

bobomango, I think my stock nav is screwed then...it has way too much lag to be useful...If I use it for directions, it'll be sitting there waiting for me to make a turn and I've already driven 1/2 mile away before it updates.

yeah, i'll have to play around with the original navi more and see if it's worse than I think

just a thought on overlays to the top/pressable, and I'm not sure exactly how to implement, maybe in the launcher

using mortscript, assuming overlays are even windows,

While True

WaitFor ("Overlay Window",99999)
If WndExists("Overlay Window")
Minimize("Igo 8 Window")
Show("Overlay Window")
EndIf
While WndExists("Overlay Window")
Sleep(1000)
EndWhile
Show("Igo 8 Window")

EndWhile

Tested a bit last night and all overlays seemed to be running perfect! I am even able to changes stations and record presets while iGO is running...Perhaps it's because of a combination between iGOlauncher.exe and my sys.txt file. I'll test extensively on the way to work today and I'll let you know if it's working without a doubt.

Edit: The overlays are definitely behaving better...I wonder why? The only times where they won't pop up is while driving and the map is showing...perhaps the loading of the surrounding area in iGO is taking up too many resources? From its menu though, all overlays are working! I'm using the same SYS.txt from before so the only change is that it runs from a dedicated launcher.

Yes! I also confirm that Overlays are always touch responsive (I think this is b/c of IgoLauncher not with any sys.txt settings - I removed all extraneous lines from sys.txt). Even phone overlay ("Hangup/Vol Up/Vol Down") is touch responsive.

Overlays still don't always pop up when map is showing, BUT I don't think it is IGO taking too much resources. Why? B/c Phone Overlay seems to have higher priority than the map. Try dialing (use phone to dial) when map is displaying - Phone Overlay seems to always show and furthermore when Phone Overlay displays, it will draw any other overlays in the queues - i.e. phone dialing Pauses Map display and draws all overlays in queue.

can you confirm if it's only in 2d or 3d mode, or always when map is drawing? (i think you can use demo route or flyover to simulate map drawing without having to drive around;)

im also trying to figure out the magic sys.txt settings to get primo 1.2 working...

I suspect the current issues (overlays not popping up with map redrawing) with igo can be solved by the right sys.txt settings

I believe the problem is always present, whether in 3D/2D. I think the map is always refreshing, even when you are not moving, which is why Overlays don't seem to display even when car stationary. Maybe display refreshes more often when you move - not sure tho.

From my observations: in Map view you press Volume Up, device will execute this command immediately, but Overlay display function is placed in a Queue. Usually when u get out of map display, then the Overlay will be released from Queue and drawn to screen. The Overlay is not hiding under the map - b/c a sound is played when Overlay is drawn to screen (i.e. Volume increase beep).

Also, phone call not only is high priority, but it pauses/suspends Igo map display (Igo Map does not update your GPS position while u talk on phone). Thus Phonecall pauses map and releases all overlays to be drawn in the Queue.And Igo map display is resumed as normal when you hang up.

If we can figure out how to pause map display like a phone call - then maybe all overlays can be displayed when viewing map.

btw, 3rdman, how did you get MioPocket 4.0 to run?

nevermind i got it running now - doesn't seem slow to me - seems fast, can play games/movies normally

but I got it running only with the TestMode/Explorer startup

not sure how to get this running with the overlays

i already tried using the launcher - it keeps rebooting, but when I change Run to RunWait in the MioAutoRun.mscr, then it reinstalls MioPocket and resets. On reboot HMmanager & MioPocket are both running at the same time but it's like they are sharing the same display - very buggy.

Like you I was only able to get MioPocket to run from TestMode and it ran like crap for me...I'm sure I did it wrong somehow. Regardless, since I won't be playing Bejeweled while I'm driving, I'm not missing it. All I really wanted was the addition of video playback so I'm very happy at the moment.

The only thing I hope for from here is a way to access the main menu from either the video player or iGO.

the cool thing tho with MioPocket is that it can run programs and add a "minimize" button in their top right hand corners

Look at LeetLauncher running on Pioneer F500bt, as you can see, it transitions between MioPocket/Igo/etc. w/o reboots, I wonder if the reboot is needed for our units tho

I notice tho that on startup- It boots with "Pioneer image" and shows HMmanager for 1second and automatically loads into MioPocket

He doesn't show any overlays tho in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX-oTHLBQ-I&feature=plcp&context=C3dbd366UDOEgsToPDskLj8Q-tMu1bw47GfXJCcm-J

it might be able to be used as a base menu system, but the overlays from u310bt/f310bt are done quite differently from f500/700/900bt which dont use same menu system/nav.. I have f700bt in my car which uses MainMenu.exe i think and a customized version of igo.. There are some overlays, but the stuff like AV selection/ipod menus are done from separate screens, not really overlays over the nav...