AVIC411.com

working custom apps/nav launcher for u310bt, f310bt, & f320bt

helpful  

52 members have voted

1. 1. was this procedure helpful and successful for you?

• yes. it works! no problems. so long and thanks for all the navs!
    • works but had issues with the instructions
    • no. doesnt work at all for me.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i picked up a used u310bt off of ebay for fairly cheap, so i just started using that one... regarding the one that i bricked, still wish i could figure out the bootloader on this guy to see how to kick it into upgrade mode. I strongly suspect that there is some magic file or naming convention that it would boot from.... I cant seem to figure out how to extract the bootloader short of jtag..

ps. i have tried to update the 1st post with all of the latest info .... let me know if something isnt right

i've tried loading a bunch of the bundled apps in MioPocket (using System Tools from Pionara launcher) and found that most of them don't run.

at least Core Media Player works, as well as half of the games (like Bejeweled), and maybe half of the other apps (Office, miniOpera). Or should I be running these directly from the Launcher or from MioPocket (must boot to TestMode tho)?

I'm also wondering if any Windows CE/5.0 app (for ARM CPU) should be runable on our U310BT

you will probably need to review the install scripts and instructions for miopocket... looks like install script updates system paths to point to extended sets of libraries needed for many of the apps that miopocket includes... I think launcher.mscr would need to be setup similarly if the goal is to run those kinds of progs..

the limited set of system libraries included in the base winceimg of pioneer is very minimal..

the progress being made here is great. i recently updated to the new OS on my u310BT. Its nice being able to run these custom apps, but has anyone else expierenced the inability to run these apps while in motion. my assumption is that the unit uses gps to determine movement now, instead of just the handbrake wire. other features are grayed out when in motion as well. anyone else having this problem.

I've actually noticed that the "cannot operate while running" message happens too - but for me it's more sporadic

for instance, it always occurs when I run MioPocket from Launcher (MioPocket will work but after 1st reboot, choose to run System Tools and it will reboot again into MioPocket)

Also, it's been happening when I run system Tools as well

Doesn't happen when I run Igo8 tho - maybe b/c we switch the GPS comports?

I'll have to figure out when/where it's exactly happening, I thought it was my parking brake connection that was acting up but now that someone else is getting it then it's probably software

no its much slower than 55mph, i've noticed it just creeping around a parking lot. maybe we could use the mortscript option to change the com port when booting VideopPayer.exe (in my case this is actually Shincoplayer.exe renamed) since the OS reboots itself for video playback and doesn't need access to the navigation gps anymore anyway.

Ok since the navi software is almost identical to z series, I wonder if same hack is needed to override sw lock on gps. It looks like they may be moving the mute wire on their z series over to the kmode pin and grounding at out. On the u310 I believe this is the "nc" pin underneath parking brake pin "pkb" from looking at the u310 pinout. Can somebody double check the z bypass and verify they are using kmode pin to do the extra bypass?

So what I noticed was that:

1. when parking brake not grounded - I cannot run any apps even when car stationary

2. when parking brake grounded - I cannot input address in original Navi when driving, I cannot display video files from Mediaplayer while driving (even when I switch comport), but Igo8 works just fine (can input address while driving, and did not seem to have anything to do with running it as child process)

ok, looked at the bypass instructions for Z series... looks like they do move pin 1 (mute) to pin 2 (kmode) on a/v harness and then ground pin 2 along with parking brake.

Looking at the u310bt service manual, pin 13 is listed as NC, however according to wiring diagrams on service manual, it is connected internally to KMODE on ucom chip. It looks like this needs to be grounded along with parking brake pin.

Just wanted to chime in that I've avoided this issue by simply using Pionara's launcher to start TCPMP. Since the head unit can't see what is happening on COM 4, the files play without issue. The iGO8 launcher does the same so it's also not an issue.

Solidtrick, I suggest you dump Shincoplayer...I used that briefly and found that I couldn't play some MP4 files (like the spider pig demo). I've been using the TCPMP player packaged with Miopocket and it works very well on our devices...it is even skinable (but I have yet to find one that works well with our small screens).

FYI, i've tried to resolve the poorly working stock navi that I have been experiencing and I've come up with nothing...I've tried running newer maps from the SD card but it's still behaving badly. I could have sworn that it was working well before running iGO8 but I can't be sure...I can't help but think that changing the registry for the com port is what caused this effect. Not being a programmer though, I have no idea. :/

In any case, I'm quite happy with how things are right now although I wish there was a way to access the phone menu while iGO8 or the videoplayer is running. If we ever get to that point, I'll definitely look into a permanent bypass.