AVIC411.com

working custom apps/nav launcher for u310bt, f310bt, & f320bt

helpful  

52 members have voted

1. 1. was this procedure helpful and successful for you?

• yes. it works! no problems. so long and thanks for all the navs!
    • works but had issues with the instructions
    • no. doesnt work at all for me.

Guys, this method looks great. But I'm a little afraid to test it with my AVIC-F310BT. Has anybody already tried in on this model and if yes, please give me some more info.

Best Regards

P.S. By the way the forum is great thanks to all of you for the useful information you've shared here.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just tried pionara's k-mode harness hack. It's official, to reverse the gps motion safety feature of version 2.0 just add an extra pin to the power harness at location 13 and ground it along with the parking brake bypass. pin 13 is the empty cavity next to the radio ground(black wire). I'm using an amp for my rear speakers, so i just depinned a violet wire(tried digging through a bag of old harnesses but couldnt find a match)

thanks for being adventurous solidtrick!

pls let us know if you notice any other changes with k-mode..

nikigenov, yes, this was all tested on u310bt... f310bt should apply... there are some issues with f320bt, that have been higligted in first thread....

but if you are u310bt - you should be ok

I wasn't able to get the update to work after following the instructions in here or the one's from the other post. I decided to delete the My Flash folder while in testmode and managed to get to the aplupdate program and run it. The unit restarts and shows a blue screen that displays "Updating Image...". The image never changes or updates. I think I have done something permanent to mess up my unit. Please help if anyone can!

Thank you for the reply. I have the u310bt model. I put the appropriate files on the root of the sdcard. It seems to not do anything. It just freezes at the blue screen after a reboot. It states "updating image..." or something similar no matter what files i place on the sdcard... I have tried to use the cks and bin files from my original backup as well. It doesnt do anything with those on the sdcard either... I have tried reformatting the card to different filesystems at this point as i am desperate to get my unit in working condition again.

If it was possible to get the updating process to work, im sure that updating this unit would be very easy as the footwork has been done by you guys. Sidenote: i tried all of this with the screen removed from the unit itself. I have had it plugged into a usb charger to keep the battery going. I dont know if that makes a difference but i am trying to give as much info as possible.

yeah that should be fine. thats how i updated my unit.

try a different sdcard. if you can find one non-sdhc, 2gb or less.. try formatting FAT (instead of FAT32).

try resetting the unit (with the reset button on right side of screen).

does it go to any other screen after "updating image", if so, what does that screen say?

i bricked one of my units by intentionally flashing wrong fw image... also, another user flashed f320bt with this firmware, and did same thing... bricked units stuck... cant find a way to unbrick... havent been able to try jtag yet..

I only get the full blue screen that states updating. It does nothing. Prior to me deleting the My Flash folder, i could remove the sdcard and it would reset itself to the iboot (?) bluescreen and show a progress bar at the bottom. It would then reset and boot into the old version of the software. The pioneer nav screen. After deleting the My Flash folder it will no longer do this. Gonna grab a different sdcard today.

so u updated firmware already? i am confused.

once iboot did the OS firmware flash the first time, it would boot into the old NAV version (but os version is new). You then needed to update the application. replacing the folders in My Flash folder. seems like you did some extra stuff or out of order of the instructions.

Can you boot to testmode/windows at all?

It wouldnt show a progress bar. After sitting for 30 minutes i decided it wasnt working. Then i pulled the sdcard and reset it. It went into iboot recivery mode and recovered the old/existing software on the unit and booted into it. I didnt upgrade. Then i tried other options which led me to deleting my My Flash folder...

Whats weird is this is the sdcard i used to update the firmware previously. I will still try another card cux you never know...