AVIC411.com

working custom apps/nav launcher for u310bt, f310bt, & f320bt

helpful  

52 members have voted

1. 1. was this procedure helpful and successful for you?

• yes. it works! no problems. so long and thanks for all the navs!
    • works but had issues with the instructions
    • no. doesnt work at all for me.

Pionara, you are great. I did it sucessfully. I updated my avic F310BT following your steps. I'm already with the version 2.0001

I replaced the Appslib.dll, with patched one.

The only thing I couldn't understand is from where to take AVIC-APPS folder to place it in the SD card.

Thank You

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pionara, can you please tell me what files i need to put on the new sdcard? Do i put the folder named "update" or do i put the whole "QI...." folder on the root of the sdcard? Also, i know i should put the cki and bin file on the root too. I will also try formatting the card with windows this time to see if that makes any difference. Please let me know! Thanks!

Nikigenov: you need to use NavGate feeds for EU (or Avic Feeds for US ) PC app available on pioneers website. This will provision AVIC-APPS folder on your sd card with apps. You can then add the custom apps to that folder...

Basketthis,

Can you boot into testmode?

Okay. I may have bricked mine. It seems to be able to read this sdcard but it goes from the "Updating image" screen to a blue screen with "Open OS CKS File Failure. Please Cold boot and Retry" in red and in the center of the screen... No matter which bin and cks (either the new or my own backup) doesn't change the results. Is there anyway to replace the "My Flash" folder with the backup I have?

sorry basket, there is no way to recover from that stage that im aware of... i have tried many things... only way i know of to get a unit in that state is to flash with wrong or corrupt firmware.... it doesnt ahve any uboot menu that i can find so you may be stuck in this mode...

sorry basket, there is no way to recover from that stage that im aware of... i have tried many things... only way i know of to get a unit in that state is to flash with wrong or corrupt firmware.... it doesnt ahve any uboot menu that i can find so you may be stuck in this mode...

There has to be a way to force the files to the My Flash directory on the unit

yes, but you can try to put correct winceimg.bin and winceimg.cks on root of sdcard... it just doesnt seem to want to pick them up - unsure why... i cant really find the bootloader code for this unit... doesnt seem to use uboot like other avics..

I do suspect that there is some magic file or soemting you can put on sd card that will let it do flash recovery, but i dont know what it is...

what is nand flash method? im only aware of the aplupdate utility to get it into flashing mode, and that requires you to be able to boot into testmode. testmode should boot even if My Flash disk is toasted... there is a hidden smflash partition with the os on it... still, how to get it to boot?

I have another u310bt PND unit here that is in the same state... so far I have been too lazy to hook up jtag...

Nand flash would flash to the stored memory of the device directly. Almost like a recovery menu. It may be similar to the unoot thag you are talking about although i have no experience with the uboot method... I would be willing to explore jtag at this point. You certainly know much more than me when it comes to this so if you could give a starting point or some direction, that would be great. I want to try to bring this thing back from the dead.

Question:

Why wont mine boot into test mode? It seems to be stuck in this mode that checks for the update files...

Pionara,

Thanks for your help. Everything is working perfect.

I didn't mod sys.txt for reg changes but in spite of this, everything is working. I tried to install into the folder Launcher MioPocket, as i changed MioAutoRun.exe to Launcher.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to Launcher.mscr but after I pressed the icon "More Scrip Launcher" appeared "MioPocket not found Directory: :\Storage Card\MioAutoRun" is missing.

Has somebody already run MioPocket successfully on Pioneer device?

Best Regards

Hi!

I have the following problem, I can not upgrade to version 2.00101, follow all steps in the tutorial but I do not work. I used different SD cards, but the result is always the same, a black background with two horizontal stripes.

I put a picture with the result.

I have a F310BT and FW 1.0004.

The tutorial is a great job but it's a shame that I did not get to finish it.

Thanks for your help.

11012012002-1.jpg

bigzipote:

Probably it's trying to start up application but some file isnt in the right place.

did you leave My Flash Disk content alone?

Do you have two PRG folders (PRG0, PRG1) or just one PRG0?

If you can boot to testmode, then you are ok - you can get it working again, its just a matter of putting the right files/folders in the right place...