AVIC411.com

working custom apps/nav launcher for u310bt, f310bt, & f320bt

helpful  

52 members have voted

1. 1. was this procedure helpful and successful for you?

• yes. it works! no problems. so long and thanks for all the navs!
    • works but had issues with the instructions
    • no. doesnt work at all for me.

Well, it looks like I had accidentally copied the wrong file in place of the Appslib.dll so all my attempts at running programs was failing. This morning, I double checked, installed the file proper and it works!

I found a version of TCPMP called ShincoPlayer (480 x 272) at http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=110760 that runs AVIs well but I get no sound at the moment. So, I have a few more questions...

Can someone point me to a TCPMP version that is known to work with sound on our devices? Also, since the Appslib.dll installed bypasses validation, can I simply change the EXE files in the Video Player folder or the Picture Viewer folder that houses the non-running official apps?

At the moment, the ShincoPlayer is being directed to run from the launcher app...nothing has been changed so it runs after changing ports so perhaps that is the reason sound doesn't work?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My version of the F320BT O/S i was originally running was V2.000x. And accidently tried to install igo8 and followed Pionara steps without knowing that i shouldn't do that because i have already had the right os.I tried hardly to search the proper os files on the internet and the price of original update sd card from Pioneer (150Euros) is too expensive for me and, if you , dear Somniac can upload the 2 files(winceimg.bin and cks) or entire image if you can, i'll be deeply grateful to you.Thank you very much for all your effort and advices. hope to revive my unit soon)

I found out why I had no sound...I had previously turned off the "BEEP" sound of the head unit as it drives me crazy...well that is sound of the system and I'm sure this was obvious to everyone but me. In any case, It's working 100% perfectly now and I'll be trying other programs to see what can be done.

I had poorly installed MioPocket before but it was merely to see if I could get it running...I'll try to have MioPocket Mini running tonight and (for the sake of others as dense as me) I'll post my results later.

Cool. I suspect there may be a way to do this programmatically from a mortscript (by placing or editing a file on the flash). I think there was a volume settings file somewhere..

You could simply drop in your own .exe into one of the existing .exes, but leaving the .enc and .pwd alone. You can customize the icons by editing the .bmp files.

Also, you can even extend the apps "menu" and customize for multiple apps, by editing (w/ hex editor) the sd\AVIC-APPS\Applist.dat to point to other apps.

The real power is to be able to have the menu point to an "app" which is just the mortscript "autorun" + an equivalently named .mscr (the actual mortscript). From there you can do the other things you need to do (like make comport changes or enable activesync via regedits, soft reboot, copy files, prompt user with simple menus, etc).

I would highly recommend the mortscript manual as required reading for anybody who wants to do any kind of "modding":

http://www.sto-helit.de/downloads/mortscript/MortScript-Manual.pdf

It's basically a VisualBasic script-like language that is VERY powerful if you want it to be...

in other news:

Sadly, in an attempt to research capatina_mihai's issue, I more or less bricked my u310bt by intentionally flashing the wrong firmware (for z110bt), and I am at the same place he is - getting the bluescreen. The problem here is that it's not a standard uboot style screen. I cant see any way to get it into an "emergency" recovery or boot mode. Perhaps it is looking for "good" files to boot or flash from. It does not seem to see or care about winceimg.bin/.cks files, so either it's something else, or this sucker will need jtag :((.

Update...I decided to give iGO8 a try...after all the praise its gotten here and elsewhere I wanted to see what I was missing. LOL...I see why you guys prefer it. It is presently dedicated to run from Pionara's file on my head unit as well. I still wanted the ability to play video files so on a lark, I copied all the media player files from MIOPOCKET and put them in the AVIC-APPS\Video Player folder. I then renamed the existing exe file to "videoplayer.OLD" and renamed the new one "videoplayer.exe"...surprisingly, it works! The program loads and I can play any file I want! I tried to do the same with the other non-working apps from Pioneer, but those wouldn't work, by the way.

There is a volume control on the new player and that works perfectly so I guess there is away to do it "programatically". :)

I really wanted to get MioPlayer running but couldn't. On the other hand, I only really wanted it so that I could choose from a list of apps. Oh well, I'm still crazy happy and grateful for what y'all have accomplished! I had stopped hoping for a hack over a year ago... :)

By the way, if there is anyone that does have mioplayer up and running, would you mind posting a detailed "how-to"? I'm just having no luck with that...

Edit: Sucks to hear about your bricked unit...I hope you get it up and running again soon!

My version of the F320BT O/S i was originally running was V2.000x. And accidently tried to install igo8 and followed Pionara steps without knowing that i shouldn't do that because i have already had the right  os.I tried hardly to search the proper os files on the internet and the price of original update sd card from Pioneer (150Euros) is too expensive for me and, if you , dear Somniac can upload the 2 files(winceimg.bin and cks) or entire image if you can, i'll be deeply grateful to you.Thank you very much for all your effort and advices. hope to revive my unit soon)

I've searched my unit and I'm afraid I can't find the winceimg.bin and cks files anywhere.They must be supplied as part of the CNSD update CD to provide the firmware and the O/S in a packaged form.I'm sorry about this, I hoped I could help.It looks like your only chance is to find a copy of CSND-230FM somewhere.

I installed Igo 8.3 on SDcard and am able to run it fine when the LCD faceplate is detached from car

but when I try running it via Apps Launcher when it is plugged into the car (stationary car/not moving), it gives me error that it cannot start while running

Furthermore, whenever I turn on LCD, it always boots into the original Navi, doesn't go directly to iGo (even when I turned the unit off while iGo was running)

sorry about the bricking, sucks

I installed Igo 8.3 on SDcard and am able to run it fine when the LCD faceplate is detached from car

but when I try running it via Apps Launcher when it is plugged into the car (stationary car/not moving), it gives me error that it cannot start while running

Furthermore, whenever I turn on LCD, it always boots into the original Navi, doesn't go directly to iGo (even when I turned the unit off while iGo was running)

sorry about the bricking, sucks

Did you bypass the handbrake safety feature?

no, but the car is not moving, and I never connected Pioneer unit to the handbrake when I wired it in.

Yeah, it's unlikely to be the problem but I can't think of another reason it wouldn't work...Also, I noticed that Pioneer did change how the system disables certain functions for safety since ver. 1.0003...it's now GPS based but perhaps bypassing that switch has its uses anyways? Just guessing, of course.

Yeah, it's unlikely to be the problem but I can't think of another reason it wouldn't work...Also, I noticed that Pioneer did change how the system disables certain functions for safety since ver. 1.0003...it's now GPS based but perhaps bypassing that switch has its uses anyways? Just guessing, of course.

hmm, well, I'm trying a different version of Igo right now, I'll see what happens again

this version seems a little better, but still if I turn the LCD switch to "off" while in Igo, it turns off, but when I switch it to "on" afterwards, I am in Igo for only 1 second, and then it immediately reboots the unit back to original Navi (pioneer logo shows up, etc).

I wonder if this is something to do with Pionara's launcher.mscr settings

hmm, well, I'm trying a different version of Igo right now, I'll see what happens again

this version seems a little better, but still if I turn the LCD switch to "off" while in Igo, it turns off, but when I switch it to "on" afterwards, I am in Igo for only 1 second, and then it immediately reboots the unit back to original Navi (pioneer logo shows up, etc).

I wonder if this is something to do with Pionara's launcher.mscr settings

Its exactly the same for me. I had the same problem with all the apps running from the Navi apps launcher using Pionara's appslib.dll.

Pionara kindly showed me what he'd changed and I did the same on my original appslib.dll (my unit is a F320BT not a U310BT) and now all apps (explorer, visual clock, etc) all resume where they left off.

All that is, except iGO8 it still resumes for a second and then reboots back to the stock Navi.

I'm going to experiment with a faster SD card and restricting the memory that iGO uses to see what happens. iGO also has sys.txt parameters that control power conditions so they might also be an area to play with. I'f I come across a fix I'll post here.