AVIC411.com

iPhone & iTouch IOS 5.0.1+ Wifi-sync to Pioneer!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then obviously you guys have something set up wrong because I can do it as well as many of my friends can without having power/plugged in. Also its on those LINKS I've provided plus even google it, it DOES work, otherwise there is a setting your missing or your WIFI setup is not working properly.

http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1249199

http://forums.tipb.c...connection.html

Keyword here is "Automatically"

You can manually inituate the SYNC if your iDevice is not connected to power, otherwise it'll do it for you "automatically" when plugged in.

My phone shows up all the time and only disappears when I'm either too far away from the WIFI or I Eject it manually, otherwise its always showing on my itunes, all of my devices too, my iPhone4S, wife's 3GS and both of our iTouches 3G and 4G...

Obviously - Nothing happens automatically - unless you are always running iTunes on your PC. So don't assume we're idiots. And it sounds like we are all agree, iDevice needs to be powered on - one way or another.

However, since it isn't always charging - like you claimed - the iTouch eventually shuts down WiFi.

Basically, it works sorta like you say if I start iTunes within a short time (maybe a few hours) of shutting down my car. If I wait too long, the iPod isn't visible in itunes. Then, all I have to do is go turn on ACC in the car for a short time. Then go inside and voila - ipod is there in iTunes.

According to the following article, you can not WiFi sync from iTunes without the iDevice plugged into some type of power source. You can only do this if you initiate the sync from the device. And sense only you have power always to your iDevice even when your car is turned off, only you can enjoy this. If you can initiate sync from itunes with you iDevice unplugged to a power source please demo this on Youtube for everyone else to see.

http://www.tipb.com/2011/10/24/daily-tip-set-itunes-wifi-sync-windows/

Obviously the link you sent me, you DIDN"t READ all of it. It merely says the AUTOSYNC will not work without it being plugged in, but you can sync manually without power. I have confirm with 5 friends with iphones and they all can do it!

Taken from the link you sent:

"That’s it, now as long as iTunes is open on your PC, as soon as you plug your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad into the power outlet, it should appear in iTunes and sync over Wi-Fi.

(Yes — It has to be plugged in to the power for this to work, so you are really just cutting the cord to the PC not to the wall!)

If you want to initiate a sync manually, you can do this from your iOS device and you don’t need to be plugged into a power outlet."

And I can sync from both my phone or by iTunes, at anytime, I did it at 2am in the morning, not connected to power on the coffee table, and still showed in my itunes.

Also Read the comment quote #4

I'll upload a video of it as soon as I get a chance to show you.

While your at it why don't you check this link:

http://forums.tipb.c...connection.html

and this one

http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1278650

Here is the video you all been waiting for!

I have my older 3GS (if 3GS works so should 4 and 4S, which I left at work - oops!) sitting here in standby, for about a few hours without being plugged in or touched or turned on (just standby), and then I go onto my laptop, start up iTunes, wait for my iphone to show (takes a few secs to a minute depending on your network), it then pops up, does its startup/pre-connection circle thingy until it connects and shows the Eject button, then I press the sync button, it'll search for my iPhone, connect and start syncing, all from within my iTunes on my laptop...

Also check your virus programs, firewalls, and network connections from blocking any incoming/outgoing connections to your iPhone/iTouch!

5 other friends of mine do the same thing, this all works for them too! 2 have the AVIC-930BT and a iTouch 4G, so they love this leaving in the vehicle, the other 3 just have it hooked up as an AUX input to there deck, but don't have to bring them in anymore!

I hope you guys that are having problems can solve the issues you are having, maybe firewall, network/router settings? I can access my phone or touch at ANY time, there is no timed-out or anything, unless your router's wifi settings or some other setting is causing it to disconnect (maybe some type of idle mode/no activity autodisconnect option).

Because when it works, its so great and convenient! It was always a PAIN to remember to bring in the iTouch or forget the iPhone in the car all the time! I usually leave my iphone in my truck connected for netflix and never really use my phone in the house often anyways, just take it out during the day while im out and about and when I'm away from the truck, but leave it in the truck overnight, except tonight I left my 4S at work! So my old 3GS is shown here doing what I mentioned! I'll post a video of my deck retaining power which is not necessary or required anyways for alot of ppl since you can SYNC regardless!

If still no go, try this,

Open the windows firewall settings, and look if "SyncServer.exe" is allowed. I'm gonna guess it isn't even listed silly.gif

Instructions (Windows 7 x64 - Vista is probably similar):

Open "Control Panel"

Select "Windows Firewall"

Click "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall"

Look for "SyncServer" in the list. It won't be there.

Click "Add program" or "Change Settings" then "Allow another program"

Click "Browse..."

Find "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\SyncServer.exe"

Restart iTunes and your iPod/Phone/Pad should appear in iTunes even when disconnected. If not, try rebooting to make sure everything is reloaded properly.

Also you can try to reboot your device too, don't just put it to sleep, actually power it off fully and power it back on... that seems to solve alot of issues such as 3G connection, WIFI connection, etc.

Thanks wabadie for confirming it with ios 5.0.1!

I always wanted a way to update music or videos to my truck without having to reburn a disc, or having to get the device out of the truck everytime I want to add a song or so. This now makes it soo much more convenient, especially at those times where you just heard something cool and want to listen to it when your in the vehicle, so I just add it to itunes and press sync and its there!