AVIC411.com

Does the Nd-tmc10 replace Nd-mdt10 msn tuner

I have the Avic-110bt and did the update to avic-120bt but not to avic-130bt with 2011map as of yet. I know the msn service ends 1/12012 do I uninstall the msn tuner and buy the traffic tuner  ndtmc10 and will it work with my radio??? Because according to pioneer it wont.

I'm not really sure what you're asking, so let me just restate the facts. If you don't install the CNSD-210FM update on your Z120, you can't use the new RDS traffic tuner. And once you install the update software, your old MSN traffic tuner will not work - and will cause errors. But it's gonna die in a few weeks anyhow.

So, it seems like your only choice, if you want Traffic after 1/1/2012, is to get the ND-TMC10 and upgrade to CNSD-210FM . Otherwise, you can stay with your Z120 and non-functional traffic tuner. I doubt it will cause problems if you stay with the Z120 software - you just won't get traffic data. But you will need to remove the ND-MDT10 in order to upgrade in the future.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...