AVIC411.com

working 2011 maps & full poi db on u310bt and friends

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes.. i'm able to reproduce this same problem.. it seems to be happening when you do any kind of search (address, poi, etc), but browsing poi (near dest, etc) seems to work... im researching this now, but cant seem to figure out why...

if i put the old NDATA (2009 original maps) on the sd card, it will search just fine.

I'm almost suspecting that the unit may be running out of memory while searching

update...

Ok, i loaded CNSD-110FM (2010 map/poi) on the sdcard and it is working just fine, so must be something with CNSD-210FM US :((

So for now, just use CNSD-110FM til we get this sorted out..

at least it's updated maps by 1 year over stock 2009, and full poi db...

Edited by pionara
  • 2 weeks later...

ok, for anybody who is interested... did a very basic test, and it seems that 2011 maps w/ 2010 poi dbs are possible.

I simply replaced the following files/folders in 2011 NDATA (cnsd-210fm) with ones from 2010 NDATA (cnsd-110fm):

in 00 (master folder):

DTR_H.DB

IDX\GENRE_H.DB

IDX\POI.LDB

INDEXDAT.DB

in each state/territory folder (2 digit hex number), I replaced the IDX folder contents

From an incremental test, it seems that the last step (replacing the IDX folder) is the one that did the trick...

would welcome any real world tests.. unfortunately i cant do any driving tests with this to see if maps are ok.. (but of course they look fine)

update:

looks like these will also need to be copied over from 2010 NDATA to 2011 NDATA, where nn is the 2 digit hex value of each state/territory folder (like 02 - 49):

nn\STRTDCnn.LFT (street dictionary?)

nn\HNnn.LFT (HNDF ?)

• 2 weeks later...

ok, for anybody who is interested... did a very basic test, and it seems that 2011 maps w/ 2010 poi dbs are possible.

I simply replaced the following files/folders in 2011 NDATA (cnsd-210fm) with ones from 2010 NDATA (cnsd-110fm):

in 00 (master folder):

DTR_H.DB

IDX\GENRE_H.DB

IDX\POI.LDB

INDEXDAT.DB

in each state/territory folder (2 digit hex number), I replaced the IDX folder contents

From an incremental test, it seems that the last step (replacing the IDX folder) is the one that did the trick...

would welcome any real world tests.. unfortunately i cant do any driving tests with this to see if maps are ok.. (but of course they look fine)

I tested both the 2010 POIs and the 2010/2011 combination methods. 2010's mod works fine, but the combination does not make the Address function work properly. All I followed is procedure #20 introduced. When I tried to get a exact address, the street always gave me a wrong name. Have a question, can it apply to use the 2011 directly just like 2010 POIs?

Sorry, I should have talked more details.

First, I replaced the files you mentioned about 00 folder in 2011; Then, replaced all IDX folders from 0A to 49 in 2011. I thought it will work as well as original 2010. But when I input the street name, the system always gives me a wrong name. Does yours work properly when you input a street name?

I have an 8GB SD card, so I make a backup of both 2010 and 2011. Right now I am using the 2010 only.

Thanks Kevin for spotting this. Seems when i was looking at 00/DTR_H.DB, i missed the fact that it was looking for a few other files for poi purposes...

looks like these will also need to be copied over from 2010 NDATA to 2011 NDATA, where nn is the 2 digit hex value of each state/territory folder (like 02 - 49):

nn\STRTDCnn.LFT (street dictionary?)

nn\HNnn.LFT (HNDF ?)

Let me know how that works... I just did a very simple test of whether i can search or not. I dont have u310bt in my car to do any kind of driving test..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...