AVIC411.com

working 2011 maps & full poi db on u310bt and friends

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks pionara for this.

I just updated mine last night, and the update loaded fine. I opted for the hybrid 2010/2011 option.

I'm having the same problem that someone else mentioned, where the cities are coming up wrong. It says I live in a completely different city, but the maps are correct.

I think it has something to do with replacing all those IDX files.

Has there been any updates on this issue since? Otherwise I may have to stick with the 2010 maps.

I'm mostly interested in having the Canada maps. So all those folders that have the info for the US, is there any way to tell which folder is for where? It's a pain to replace every single file in all those folders just to see if it will work or not.

Thanks.

Phat_j, I think the folders in the 40's are for Canada

Not sure about the hybrid thing. Did you do the additional steps in the end of my post in the update section of post 20?

I really wish omebody would just upload the proper update. Cnsd-239 ;)

Edited by pionara

Pionara, I tried just the 2010 maps option, and that fixed the wrong street and city names issue!

The only other bugs I've experienced so far have been:

- Sometimes it won't let me input a search address, the option is greyed out

- The screen that comes up that lets me choose between the navigation, phone, and apps will appear for a split second, then it will revert back to the GPS screen. If I hit settings fast enough and go back, it will stay on the navigation/phone/apps screen

(These may be just Pioneer bugs, not because of your modifications)

- And the music player interface is still rubbish, I hoped Pioneer would improve it, but no.

Is there a good custom music player app? Like with a song search option, or more utilization of the touch screen? Like one on a smartphone?

Yeah so this greyed out button problem seems to be ongoing to the extent I can't use the GPS at all.

The unit will not let me input an address, the address button along with others in the GPS menu are greyed out.

And sometimes when I am able to press the address button, I start entering the address, then it will grey out and not let my continue to enter the street info.

Nothing seems to resolve this, other than waiting for it to become un-greyed out. Even pulling the face plate out and putting it back, resetting the unit, turning off the car, etc, nothing stops it from happening again.

Any ideas?

Does this happen while in motion?

If so, did you ground the k-mode pin? (seems 2.x needs k-mode also in addition to pkb pins grounded)

Does this just happen while using the new maps, or does it happen with just 2.x software running from internal flash + old 2009 maps?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Bumping this thread. Bricked my unit years ago. Willing to try jtag or any other ideas. Anyone have ideas?

pionara,

Hey, how are you? :)

I still have my u310bt unit. It's still bricked. I decided to drop by the forum today for fun. And to see if anything has come of this. I am wanting to play around and experiment with the unit if you're interested. I'd be willing to jtag, etc. Let me know if interested in unbricking the device. Thanks! :)