AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVIC X930BT Gas Mileage Export (.DAT file)

I have the X930BT in my car. It has the option of calculating/logging gas mileage. You enter how much gas costs, volume filled and kilometers driven and it then gives you L/100 kms. Fairly straight forward calculation and that's not the issue. On the gas mileage screen there is an "export to SD" button to save it on the card. I did that for a few months and now that my car is in storage for the winter I tried to upload them to my computer. On the card is a .DAT file. My computer (Windows 7) and my girlfriend's computer (some sort of newer MAC) don't know what to do with the file. I Googled a little bit and dabbled with the renaming of the file like Google said but it only came up with gibberish. I downloaded a program to open it and again it only came up gibberish.

Does anyone know how to make use of the .DAT file? I was expecting some sort of Excel spreadsheet.

Pictures of unit below.

20-06-11_2005.jpg

photo4.jpg

I figured it out. You have to download Pioneer's "AVIC Feeds" program. I thought that was only for smart phones but it turns out that it's also for the home computer. Downloaded it and I can now see "gasmileage.DAT" but I'm a bit disappointed that it only saved the last entry. It didn't log each individual fill up but overwrote each previous entry every time.