AVIC411.com

Does Iphone 4S Siri work with Z130bt

I just installed my Z130bt in my car the other week and have enjoyed it a lot. I am slowly learning some of the more eclectic features and one that came up was, How well does Siri from the Iphone4s work with the Z130bt?

I have my Iphone4S attached to the headunit via the Pioneer ipod cable and I am able to listen to music from the phone's HD, Pandora, Mog, ect... but what I would like to be able to do is command Siri to play a certain song, album, or artist. I was able to acomplish this in my old car since I would connect the Iphone4S to my old Pioneer headunit by a 1/8'th inch headphone to AUX in cable, so all the audio would pass through the headphones port of the Iphone. Now with the dock connector being used, can I get siri to output music on command to the Z130bt? I have not been able to get it to work as of yet. I tried to set the audio input sorce to Ipod on the Z130bt and command Siri to play a album. She responds and says she will do that but there is no music outputed. I have also tried this with the audio input sorce set as Bluetooth to see if she can send the music that way to the headunit.

I am however to have Siri read text messages and respond to them for me, all quite well by muting the music that is playing and accepting speech commands from the Z130bt's Bluetooth mic and outputting her voice through the speakers all over Bluetooth, I believe. I would just like to know what else I can do with Siri and the Z130bt and if I could select certain songs to play that would be great!

Well after some messing around and a lot of reading whatever I could find, it seems that with the phone in the car connected to the headunit only by Bluetooth and not through the adapter cable, I was able to get audio to stream correctly based on Siri commands. This is fine for short drives around time but I would imagine that streaming music for any sort of time would quickly drain the phone's battery and I hope to find a solution that works in this fashion but also provides power to the phone to keep it charged. I will try your suggestion Camelonian again because I can't recall if I tried that for sure at this point, thanks.