AVIC411.com

• 2 weeks later...

The mysterious missing wiring harness that you are talking about will be used for usb devices, android, and windows devices, etc. Pioneer will be releaseing this USB cable and firmware 3.0 near the end of january this month. I think you will be extremely excited about the 3.0 firmware, it will bring a host of new features, and bug fixes which users have been asking for since it came out.

The mysterious missing wiring harness that you are talking about will be used for usb devices, android, and windows devices, etc. Pioneer will be releaseing this USB cable and firmware 3.0 near the end of january this month. I think you will be extremely excited about the 3.0 firmware, it will bring a host of new features, and bug fixes which users have been asking for since it came out.

Source?

The AppRadio already has a USB interface on the back. The reason you need to have the "garden hose" cable is that it also carries the video out signal over an S-video interface. If you look at any of the unboxing galleries, you can see that the "garden hose" has a dock connector on one end and splits to a USB and S-Video connector on the other end where it plugs into the harness out of the back of the AppRadio.

The AppRadio already has a USB interface on the back. The reason you need to have the "garden hose" cable is that it also carries the video out signal over an S-video interface. If you look at any of the unboxing galleries, you can see that the "garden hose" has a dock connector on one end and splits to a USB and S-Video connector on the other end where it plugs into the harness out of the back of the AppRadio.

Thanks for explaining this. I made a separate thread about the ability to mirror the iphone 4S screen to an external monitor via HDMI using an Apple digital AV adapter cable. So if I were to use an HDMI to s-video converter, do you think I would be able to mirror the iphone on my AppRadio? Here's a photo of the setup which might make it easier to explain the setup I'm hoping will work:

iphoneconnection.jpg

Pioneer will be releaseing this USB cable and firmware 3.0 near the end of january this month.

hi johnnyq,

can you tell us more about this? How official is this? I have installed appradio and I am somewhat disappointed. Obviously the core solution is Pioneer working on updates and standing behind Appradio, solving problems and gathering app developers. Please tell us if you know that Pioneer is indeed adressing problems.

• 2 weeks later...