AVIC411.com

Pioneer F90BT Reboot Problems - Won't go into testmode

Hey everyone, so I've searched around the forums and read a bunch of posts before succumbing to writing one myself.

I have a Pioneer F90bt that I've had for about 2 years. I have no mods or hacks to it, and about 2 months ago it randomly started rebooting itself constantly over 20 mph.

I tried the update to 2.008, it updated successfully but it didn't help the rebooting issue.

I downloaded the testmode files and the backup files onto 2 separate SD cards

I inserted the sd card with the testmode files and it wouldn't go into testmode. I reformatted the sd card for both ms dos (FAT) and mac os extended, and neither worked.

I'm using a MAC, not a PC, not sure if this also plays a factor.

I haven't checked the grounding or wires yet because I don't want to mess things up further, unless someone can guide me through it.

Any help of where to go from here would be appreciated, thanks.

Did you try to hold; Eject, Map, Menu and Reset at the same time with the SD card in there? When the screen goes blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject. I had to do that, then at the blue sceen; Up, UP, Down, Menu, Left, Right to get into the windows screen. I had the same continuous loop of reset, so I had to overwrite my "flash disk" files with the "flash disk" files from FX3.1. I finally got it to work, it took some reading, and several tries.