AVIC411.com

What car and cam do u have? I recently hooked up one in an 08 Vw and all I did was give power to the ign positive and negative at the back of the radio and plugged in the video. The radio should do the rest as long as the backup cam is not defective. Iff you have a a small tv that has a video in try feeding the cam with 12v and plugging it into a tv to rule out the camera being defective. My settings for BU cam is on battery. Same goes for having the cam running while driving. A lot of people think that they have to run constant 12v to the cam to do this. It was easy to pick up a reverse signal in my car bc I used PAC audio modules.

I have an 07 F150 and the cam i have is a nicer one that only has the positive, negative, and the video. But anyways no it is connected to the violet/white wire that is labeled, reverse gear signal an there it also carries a 12v signal on it by its self. Should i try the blue white to see if it is mixed up? i don't get why the reverse gear wire is providing a 12v signal when it shouldn't.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

so not sure if this helps..... for the head unit to recognize your going into reverse when you go in reverse and give signal to turn camera on and show you video from camera you need to connect that wire for reverse signal to the wire coming from the car.  if you have a certain module like i have for my buick it will be labeled if not you must do some research to find the wire on your car that will give voltage when in reverse.

so you need power and ground for camera and connect rca to camera rca on radio

thats all camera needs to be connected to.

then if you go to settings forgot actual steps but there is like a diagnostic screen that will show you your gps signal speed sensor signal reverse signal.

go to that put car in reverse and make sure the reverse signal changes otherwise its not connected right.