AVIC411.com

x920bt firmware and map upgrade to CNSD-210FM for free?

Someone please chime in.... I DL'ed and installed the hack as instructed to do before DL'ing the map software. The 2.004 installed successfully, however when DL'ing the file from pirate bay.se the file was 2.82 gb and when completed it was in the "File" format. Should that be correct? It's just one file that cannot be opened with any of my softwares as i tried to get the two directories everyone was talking about. Though i just dragged the file into the root of the SD card to give it a try with no luck. I've noticed none of the files from the original firmware update had the file type of " File" So was something wrong with my DL client? "uTorrent"?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the single file is a compressed RAR file which can be extracted with Winrar or on a Mac Unrarx.

It's not recognizable by winRAR. Its just a plain white page icon on my desktop and the type (.FILE).

Tried DLing twice but same results. Is there any other site i can DL this from?

EDIT: It was corrupted. I DL'ed from another website and it was successful. Thanks for the input though.

So I finally updated my X920BT and everything work perfectly when I finally understood the process...

The first stepmis to upgrade the unit to version 2.04:

This is achieve by downloading the official 2.03 update from the Pioneer site and applyingnthe patch to it (replacingbthe 2 files). Put that update with the patch on a SD card and reboot, the system will update to version 2.04

Next is to update the maps:

To do this, take the SD1 dir from the update file and put that on a SD (needs to be 4gb) insert SD like normal and the system will ask a few questions say yes/ok to all and once you are presented with a question for the password type the following on screen PASSWORDPASSWORD and hit ok. Should take about 22min to update and restart...

Now to update the Bluetooth:

Ttake the SD2 directory and put it on a SD (1gb is sufficient), insert that card (nothing will happen) and go into the bluetooth settings on the unit and then press firmware update to start that update it will then update the unit to 3.22

Im having trouble with this I just just found this link. I downloaded both I have one file downloaded as AVIC-Z110BT 2.004, but I dont know what to do now.

Best to review the earlier posts. I have not done it yet, but I think the directions are clear.

First, make sure you are only doing this on the x920bt.

Second, get two micro SD cards. I bought an 8 GB and a 4 GB from Office Max for about $14 total.

Then, request a free firmware update from Pioneer. It takes about 10 days to get that from them on a 2 GB micro SD card. Make a new folder on your computer in Documents called "Pioneer" and then another subfolder called "SD Update 2.004". Save everything from the SD card to that folder so you have an original copy.

Next, download the 2.004 update/hack and copy it to your computer in the Pioneer folder. There will be two files there - EU090APL.VER and RenewalIFLib.dll. Copy the EU090APL.VER file to the main folder on the SD card called AVICZ110 and overwrite the original file. Then copy RenewalIFLib.dll to the APL folder inside the AVICZ110 directory and overwrite the original file. Save that SD Card and mark it #1 (for the first card to run in the X920bt). Turn off the unit and put the card in the slot. Reboot the system by starting the unit. The system will update to version 2.004 automatically.

Next, download the CNSD-210FM update from the location listed in the earlier posts. Ignore all the Download links and click on "Get the Torrent". That will start the download of the torrent file. Open your Torrent program and click on that file to download the file. It took me over 6 hours to download, so be patient. This file contains the upgrade to 3.11 Firmware and the 2011 Maps and is a bit over 3 GB. Once downloaded, the file will be a compacted RAR file that requires a program to open. You can get a RAR extraction program on Download.com for free. Extract the file to the Pioneer folder. You will end up with two folders with files inside. One called SD1 and another called SD2. SD1 contains the updated firmware and Navigation maps. Take the contents of SD1 and place that in at least a 4 GB micro SD card. Do not transfer the SD1 folder but just the files inside. Put that SD card in the slot and the system will ask some questions. Answer yes to all of them. When it asks for a password, use "PASSWORDPASSWORD" as the password. Capitalize the letters. The update should take a bit over 20 minutes due to the map upgrade. DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR UNIT. I've also heard that the vehicle must be running as well.

Next, take the files from SD2 and place them on at least a 1 GB SD card. This contains the Bluetooth upgrade to 3.22. Put the SD card in the slot and enter into the settings menu. Go to Bluetooth Settings and press Firmware update to start that update.

I hope all goes well. It sounds straight forward to me, but I'd suggest reading the instructions through a couple of times and following it to a T.

• 2 weeks later...

I need some immediate help, please. I have done everything correctly however when the contains from SD1 get to 100% the screen says "incorrect SD card, please insert correct one". I cant do anything with my unit. What am I to do???

Just got it to work! Re downloaded files, re formatted SD cards and now im all updated... Thanks!

Edited by silvabells
  • 2 weeks later...

Did the update on my 920 from 2.03fw tonight. Followed these instructions and it all went without a hitch. Thank you for the person(s) who made this happen. Don't have a card reader so I used a blackberry to load the proper files on the card and then installed them on the HU. So after this is the 920 on par UI and FW wise with the 940?