AVIC411.com

Boyo VTK350 and X910BT

Hello All. I apologize that my first post is a call for help, but unfortunately it is what it is.

I have a 2007 Scion tC and I recently purchased a good used X910bt unit from Ebay. I also purchased a Boyo VTK350 backup camera. I've included the 'manual' that came with the camera here, in the hopes that someone might be able to help me.

I've connected the black to the frame, and the red to constant 12V (mainly because I'm assuming it needs constant power; the documentation doesn't say anything, so I'm assuming it does). I've connected the Yellow cable to the brown input on the unit, but no video.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the awesome site btw (I've already updated my firmware/maps!)

post-57222-0-93846800-1325189102_thumb.jpg

first off, if the camera is connected to constant power, it will never shut off, and will drain the car battery. reconnect power wire to an acc power source.

second make sure you have a good ground.

make sure you have the reverse wire from the avic connected so the avic knows when to switch to the camera source.

first off, if the camera is connected to constant power, it will never shut off, and will drain the car battery. reconnect power wire to an acc power source.

second make sure you have a good ground.

make sure you have the reverse wire from the avic connected so the avic knows when to switch to the camera source.

I *believe* I have it connected to accessory 12v but I'll make certain.

sorry, this made it sound like it wasn't

the red to constant 12V (mainly because I'm assuming it needs constant power

regardless, i dont think that is you problem. but it could become another problem.

i would test to see if the problem is the avic not showing the image, or if the camera is not outputting an image.

sorry, this made it sound like it wasn't

regardless, i dont think that is you problem. but it could become another problem.

i would test to see if the problem is the avic not showing the image, or if the camera is not outputting an image.

So, it turns out that you were right-it was connected to constant 12V, however after switching it to Accessory, it made no difference :(

that was a totally different problem, it had nothing to do with you orignal issue.

as mentioned above, you need to figure out which device the problem is with.

the easiest way is to substitute different components, for ex: try hooking up a dvd player to the camera input on the avic and see if that video signal ahows up. if it doesnt, they the problem is with the avic. if it does work, then try to hook up the camera to something like a small tv to make sure that the camera is working.

that was a totally different problem, it had nothing to do with you orignal issue.

as mentioned above, you need to figure out which device the problem is with.

the easiest way is to substitute different components, for ex: try hooking up a dvd player to the camera input on the avic and see if that video signal ahows up. if it doesnt, they the problem is with the avic. if it does work, then try to hook up the camera to something like a small tv to make sure that the camera is working.

Roger that. Hopefully the backup input itself on the x910bt isn't bad....