AVIC411.com

D3 wont play ipod sound after wife used bluetooth??? frustrated

Ok, please help, this is ridiculous, as I am about to buy a new head unit, my Avic has really let me down after so many years of trouble free use.

Here is the story: This is a D3 that was bought and installed in 2006, I got the additional blue tooth stuff, (dont remember the details, that was long time ago). I remember back then I had an older Iphone and it did not work well together because I had to re-pair it every time I got into truck... so i stopped using BT altogether... I played IPOD through the cable and used all the other features of the deck for the last 5 years no issue.

Then my friend visited 6 months ago, he is the one who recommended the D3 to me in 06 and who has one himself. He showed me while in my truck how he could connect his phone via bluetooth and play songs off his phone. No issues.

6 months later, just last week my wife and I took a long road trip and I mentioned to her how my friend did that and she tried and was successful. She had to manually pair, then i think it auto recognized after that as we stopped a few times at gas stations and all, and i dont think she had to re-pair. Anyway we have IPHONE 4. And now once I am driving by myself, when i try to play ipod it only shows it playing on the deck but no sound. Radio works fine. I did search after search, I tried turning the antenna from tuner to power on the ANT, i tried messing with all the AV settings, I totally disconnected the power and had to re-do all my settings.... and it still does it!!!!! now when my wife's phone is in my truck it works full up, when the phone is not, ipod does not work... This is ridiculous. I would love any advice, I will be getting a new deck within a week or two if i cannot figure this out, it is absolutely rediculous not to be able to play the ipod when its connected via the cord. I am sure it is a software/firmware issue or something. I think the new Iphone messed with my old deck. getting a new avic will cure all i'd imagine. any help is appreciated. I have same phone as my wife but do not have any songs on my phone or the pandora app she was using to play music. I tried pairing my phone, using BT and manually disconnecting and still does not work. When I put my wifes phone in my truck it works. The radio is old, and has endured much abuse, im thinking it has just gone south... any ideas? thanks

today it worked on my first trip in truck, but never again after that for the rest of the day???

Did you try turning blue-tooth off on your phone ? It sounds like the phone might be getting confused about whether to send the audio through the BT connection or the analog (wired) connection.

• 4 weeks later...

When playing music on your iPhone through the avid, turn on your iPhone and it should bring up a screen showing it's playing through your head unit. At the bottom is an option to change output. It probably auto selected to bluetooth, just tap that and change it back to the head unit. It happens to me all of the time.