AVIC411.com

I've had my X920BT installed for over a year now and I've been hoping and praying for a solution that's never come... at least not through Pioneer.

While I can hear people perfectly while speaking on handsfree, I get constant complaints that people can't hear me due to background noise. I have the noise cancellation on and I've moved my microphone around and seem to have it in the optimal place. Is there anything else I can do? Would a better quality microphone help?

Any help would be appreciated.

where exactly do you have the Mic Located also what kind fo car do you have

it all comes down to atleast how i see it is how noisy your cabin compartment is and if its sound isolated or insulated or just built of cheap materials

also do you have it near the A Pillars or the Windows or doors closer to those the more noise it will pick up

do you have the back of the mic up agains anyting ?

if so that could be your issue

the voice needs to be able to go somewhere after it hits the mic and having the mic set up with no place for air behind it would cause bad nois also

I have a 2008 Hyundai Sonata. The cabin is pretty quiet and I have the microphone placed on the just to the left of my deck. It's away from all the vents. I've moved it around quite a bit and I really don't think placement is the issue.

I'm wondering if I would be better off buying a higher quilality microphone with noise cancelling.

• 3 months later...