AVIC411.com

Cd changer hack

Hi all

I'm new to this forum. I admit that i'm far behind in programming, but not to far behind on electronics. I Recently build Megasqirt for my car and moded it to fit my application (and it works). Now is the time to take care of audio in my car so i bought AVIC-X930BT. After i found out that IP-BUS is not supporting cd changer it put me down. I always liked Pioneer car audio. IP-bus was intended to control multi cd changers, and Pionner simply drops its support. Change the name of it if You do that. I know cd changer is not supported by many Pioneer's HU. But that doesn't mean it have to be that way. Maybe some of you think cd's are like dinosaurs. I do not think so, and as i used search option i'm not the only one. Some of you will say welcome to the XXI century. Im here! You will say buy an i-pod or use usb. That is an option. But why i have to buy the song for $.99 if its on my cd, rip it to usb? Why i have to spend my time doing that, organizing folders and it may not be legal at the end. Since we have access to the test mode, IP-BUS protocol is known, firmware updates are available for units with cd changer control (ie. AVIC D3) and without. I think it is just a matter of implanting part of the software responsible for it and enjoy. Any one willing to participate?

• 1 month later...

As long as you own a CD you can rip it to iTunes and put it on your iPod or any USB without buying it again. And test mode to my knowledge hasn't offered any usable hacks for any of the second gen X series of units so you can likely forget about a complex hack job to add CD changer support. The reality is if you want to rely on older dyeing technologies (CD,DVD) you will need to buy an older unit that still supports those media formats.

• 1 month later...

The fact that Pioneer continues to keep cd/dvd in their AVIC heads shows that Pioneer supports older dyeing (sic) technologies. So I must agree with ADAMZPILY and CHLNGR1970 in saying that Pioneer dropped the ball on this one and should put the changer functionality back into their firmware. The (former) stability of the IPBus was a huge reason for customer loyalty. For all those that don't want cd/dvd, let them get the AppRadio...

Well its not going to happen. They don't even make changers anymore so they are not going to devote resources to support something they haven't made for years especially when less and less people rely on the older technology. iDevice and USB is where its at now and where its going to stay for a while. Further comments on this aren't going to change anything so lets move on.

As a moderator you should not make statements that aren't true... see their current product line of changers at: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/DVD-and+CD-Changers and home as well at http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Audio-Components/CD+Players

I actually agree that it is unlikely to happen, but that doesn't excuse your tone in replying to other people.