AVIC411.com

bypass with out rca cable harness

I just bought a 930bt, but i do not have the rca connecter cables that plug into the back. Is this just needed to hook up the cammera, our would I need it to hook up my amp/sub aswell.... also, all the videos i have seen for the park brake bypass invole moving the yellow wire on that rca connector harness. If I do not have that harness am i still able to do the bypass ( with the green park brake cable) on its own??

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

ya i ordered the gps antenna from ebay. installed it, and now the park brake ground wire bypass no longer works. I have seen all the bypasses done with the rca connector harness with the yellow mute wire but i do not have this harness, aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh do I have to now by that harness to make it work proparly?

• 1 month later...

Can you explain this better and maybe with pics? if there was a way to do full bypass without the rca connector harness, i would in a heartbeat. That harness is a waste of space behind the head unit that i would love to not have there.

Would appreciate it, thanks!

• 3 months later...

I did the same thing on my x940. Im not planning on using any of the rca's for now and I felt like it was stupid to have the whole harness plugged in for one wire. All I did was use a wire that I had pulled from another harness and had laying around. It didnt quite fit snuggly on the pin so I crimped it down a bit so that it slid on nice and tight. I then put a piece of heat shrink on it so that it wouldnt matter if it touched another pin by accident. Since the case of the HU is grounded I used the conveniently located screw right above the plug to attach the wire.

IMAG0175.jpg