AVIC411.com

Avic X940BT on Pioneer's site

Check it out..

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/GPS-Navigation/AVIC-X940BT

Hardware looks the same as the X930bt. It looks like it has some of the Appradio features built it, and some support for Android.

It also says that there is NAVTEQ maps. Is this new? Im not sure but I dont think the 930bt had NAVTEQ?

Im also guessing that Pioneer will make an update to our 930s like that have in the past..

I wonder if this means that pioneer will leave the 930 dead in the water and forget about sofware or firmwar updates for us to get us to buy the 940 instead

I know the only problem i am having is if i use my Iphone for audio stream from Blue Tooth that when i first synch with the system it will always turn the volum on my iphone all the way down

and i am or was hoping they would have a firmware or software update fix for this but now im guessing with the 940 comming out they will just say the heck with the 930 users

Really surprised there isn't a massive JasonH-led thread on all the new Pioneer stuff. He was ALL OVER this stuff at the last CES with Pioneer. Where are the hundreds of new insights? The massive new discussion threads? The personal inside-info he gets from Pioneer?

Hello??? JasonH? Hello??

Hello :)

Couldn't make it to CES this year. I'm trying to get a hold of one to review though. I also asked for some screenshots to demo the new navteq maps. We'll see how that goes.

Got a response from Pioneer about the new maps. The map GUI is the same as it is now but uses navteq map data. So no new in-action screenshots :(

Update for older units comes "later this year".

so does this mean that when the new updates up came latter in the year for the 930 unit that it will be from Navteq data base ?

i think Navteq is better then what are they using now telatlas ? or something like that

?

so does this mean that when the new updates up came latter in the year for the 930 unit that it will be from Navteq data base ?

i think Navteq is better then what are they using now telatlas ? or something like that

?

No one can know for sure, and we won't until the updates actually come out.

If Pioneer's update history for these units is anything to go by, I wouldn't get too excited about it.