AVIC411.com

This weekend I will mostly be... moving my AVIC into my new car 8)

I've just bought an "Audi A3, A4, TT Steering Wheel Stalk Control Interface Adaptor Lead" and just wanted to check what level of functionality I should have with it? I've connected the Fakra block, interface block and my existing Pioneer patch lead, but haven't connected in any of the loose bullet connectors - what are they for?

As background, the car has a multi function steering wheel and built-in bluetooth. I've removed the factory fitted Concert III head unit and replaced it with the F700BT. I want to use the Audi Bluetooth and phone integration, with the pioneer only handling music and navigation. I've turned off bluetooth on the Pioneer.

1. Head unit audio - OK
  2. MFSW vol up/down - OK
  3. MFSW track selection - OK
  4. phone synchs to built-in Audi bluetooth - OK
  5. select phone book entry using MFSW and dial - OK

6. Mode/source button on MFSW alternates between head unit & phone book, but doesn't select between different sources (e.g. CD, FM...) - should this be possible?
  7. Phone / bluetooth audio isn't being diverted to the speakers - I guess this is being routed via the Pioneer head unit - does this require different cabling?
  8. I didn't test whether the built-in mic works with the Audi Bluetooth, because I didn't have any audio output - should this work, or will I need a separate mic connected to the Pioneer?
  9. Will the built-in voice dialing still work once I get bluetooth/phone audio & mic sorted?
  10. I'm assuming that the Audi Bluetooth is a fully stand-alone setup that doesn't depend on the Concert head unit - is that right?

Sorry for so many questions - I suspect the answers will all be related.

TIA

I used to have an F90 in an A3. While the BT itself is, I believe, a separate device, once you took the Concert audio out, where exactly would the sound from the Bluetooth unit go? there is no separate sound mixing/amplification/output system there, all was handled by the Concert unit. I suppose you could, theoretically, get a separate amplifier and set of speakers, and wire them to BT box, somehow, and make something that sets the MUTE signal on the AVIC when BT output is active, really, it would not be worth the trouble. Just turn on BT in the AVIC and use it as nature intended ;)

Thanks Boris - I was hoping there would be an audio in on the avic, but only through AV1, it seems :-(

I have another problem though, in that when I play music on the avic, it doesn't use the rear speakers - there must be a pinout problem with the adaptor

You're welcome. There is an audio in, but as far as I know, even if you manage to route BT's output to it, there;s ni way to make AVIC switch to it autiomatically, when the call comes in. After all, AVIC was designed as a self-contained unit.

For rear speakers, yes, it does sound like a connection problem.

Thanks, I eventually got to the bottom of it - my car has an amp on the rear speakers!! Hense it has no "rear speakers" in the loom, but has rear line outs instead... So my new problem is that my F700BT a/v cable only has Subwoofer phonos, and although I know what pins to use for Rear LO, I can't find a pin extractor...

Ignoring the BT question, it should be so easy :-(

Anyone in UK know where I can get a pin extractor for the AVIC RCA plug???