AVIC411.com

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it on the website too. It looks like it's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm surprised there's nothing decent on the market right now with good built-in bluetooth (phone and audio) and hd radio, dvd, and can run iPhone apps so I don't need to pay an arm and a leg for a navigation system. Everything out there has something wrong or missing from one of these mentioned features. Any word as to a release date?

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed the 4400 in my 2011 Prius. I had previously a AVIC F90 Premier. The 4400 doesn't have built in nav but you can add it. Boot up is almost instantaneous. It requires a relay run from the power antenna lead that grounds the parking brake as a bypass. Bluetooth audio is built in as is HD radio. It blows the factory JBL unit in the Toyota out of the water.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know how to bypass the parking brake on the 8400bh? pretty sure its done with a relay but it would be nice to get a confirmation first. thanks!

I'm interested in this as well... Manual has this: Light green lead must be connected to power supply side of parking break switch. I don't know if this means it is an easy bypass or not, but I will have my AVH-P8400BH next week and definately need something to bypass it. Mainly for the app radio controls, could careless about watching videos.

- Dan

Also FYI: The AVH-P8400BH does not support, from what I can tell, both AppRadio iPhone interface cable and the U220 add-on navigation module to be installed at the same time, basically it is one or the other.

I don't know if this means it is an easy bypass or not, but I will have my AVH-P8400BH next week and definately need something to bypass it.

It will not be that easy, it never is. AVH units always require a relay and a wire combination to achieve the bypass. Check the bypass instructions for last years unit as it will likely be the same for this unit. If that doesn't work just give it a couple of days and someone will post a vid on YouTube that shows how to do it. Soundman is usually the first to do so.

I'm interested in this as well... Manual has this: Light green lead must be connected to power supply side of parking break switch. I don't know if this means it is an easy bypass or not, but I will have my AVH-P8400BH next week and definately need something to bypass it. Mainly for the app radio controls, could careless about watching videos.

- Dan

Also FYI: The AVH-P8400BH does not support, from what I can tell, both AppRadio iPhone interface cable and the U220 add-on navigation module to be installed at the same time, basically it is one or the other.

I installed the 8400 yesterday and decided i would try the relay for the video bypass. Unfortuneately it does not work. I had the 4300 last year and the relay bypass worked just fine. I suppose pioneer has made it harder to bypass the 8400, probably due to the fact that you can now interface apps. hopefully the secret will be revealed soon!

I installed the 8400 yesterday and decided i would try the relay for the video bypass. Unfortuneately it does not work. I had the 4300 last year and the relay bypass worked just fine. I suppose pioneer has made it harder to bypass the 8400, probably due to the fact that you can now interface apps. hopefully the secret will be revealed soon!

I have the same issue. Technicaly the bypass does work but the system only checks the state of the parking brake when you switch to a video source and not as soon as you turn the unit on. I had a discussion with the guys at microbypass and this is what he said exacly:

Hello. I have confirmed that you are correct. The reason why this happens, Is in the programming software, the radio does not look at the state of the parking brake wire at turn on. If the unit is in FM, or even CD mode, and you load a dvd, The radio must be powered off then on to have the correct delay on the parking brake wire. This is a limitation of the radio. Having a longer delayed interface will not correct the problem. It will just take longer for you to see video. There is no other way to correct this, as it is written in the software of the unit.