AVIC411.com

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same issue. Technicaly the bypass does work but the system only checks the state of the parking brake when you switch to a video source and not as soon as you turn the unit on. I had a discussion with the guys at microbypass and this is what he said exacly:

Hello. I have confirmed that you are correct. The reason why this happens, Is in the programming software, the radio does not look at the state of the parking brake wire at turn on. If the unit is in FM, or even CD mode, and you load a dvd, The radio must be powered off then on to have the correct delay on the parking brake wire. This is a limitation of the radio. Having a longer delayed interface will not correct the problem. It will just take longer for you to see video. There is no other way to correct this, as it is written in the software of the unit.

This makes sense to me. My 5pin relay setup did not work, I tried multiple times.

So I pulled the ground wire and the pbrake wire from the relay. Then loaded the DVD, then tried touching the wires together, releasing, then together again... worked perfect!

So I setup a switch with those two wires, and it works great.

Switch is really simple answer that shouldn't ever stop working (as some firmware upgrades have made relays not work for other models, e.g. Appradio).

Get a 3 prong switch. Hookup the parking break wire to the lead. The ground to either of the other prongs (the prong choice will only affect if you leave it "on" or "off" to send the ground signal, this simulates the break on). The last prong is empty (just serves to break the ground signal, that is it simulates the break being off).

I have the same issue. Technicaly the bypass does work but the system only checks the state of the parking brake when you switch to a video source and not as soon as you turn the unit on. I had a discussion with the guys at microbypass and this is what he said exacly:

Hello. I have confirmed that you are correct. The reason why this happens, Is in the programming software, the radio does not look at the state of the parking brake wire at turn on. If the unit is in FM, or even CD mode, and you load a dvd, The radio must be powered off then on to have the correct delay on the parking brake wire. This is a limitation of the radio. Having a longer delayed interface will not correct the problem. It will just take longer for you to see video. There is no other way to correct this, as it is written in the software of the unit.

Yeah i guess the other way to do it is to get a switch that you can mount somewhere and manually flip it on and off when you are wanting to use the DVD function. Its kind of a pain to do it this way, but i guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Thanks for the info though, i had been pulling my hair out trying different methods to get this to work. I cant be mad at pioneer though, this is a smart way to do it but a pain for all of us. I can see all the avhp models in the future having this same thing.

I contacted Matt at microbypass over the weekend too. He said he found a solution like the TR7 and will be sending me a new bypass to test. I will let you guys know how it works. I should be receiving the new bypass tomorrow or Wednesday. This is what he said: I have found the same. A 6-second delay then a double pulse has worked in our demo wall without a hiccup. It requires a micro-controller to do this.

i had mine installed on Friday and had the same issue with the bypass. The install shop finally wired a switch with the parking brake bypass as a temporary fix until someone posts how to bypass correctly. Basically the radio boots up and i have a switch that I turn on every time I turn on vehicle and I can view video. Its works!

TR-7 wiring:

Red-12v

Black- ground

Green-amp turn on/remote wire

White-parking break wire (long green wire)

The rest of the wires are unused for the bypass.

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO WATCH VIDEOS WHILE MOVING. THAT IS ILLEGAL IN MY STATE.

I just finished installing mine, replaced my older F90BT:

Installed in a 2008 Ford Escape Limited.

I used a Metra 99-5814HG Dash Kit, with a XSVI-5520-NAV Vehicle Interface along with a PAC TR7 (for Bypass) and PAC SWI-PS 1.6.8 (for Steering Wheel Controls)

post-12080-0-98331600-1333666382_thumb.jpg

eRok, I have something similar but I got it from a different vendor off eBay and I couldn't get mine to work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160727285145?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1771wt_1396

I just looked at it now and it looks like he changed the auction saying it won't work for the AVH-P8400BH now. I was thinking I just wired mine up wrong though. Do you guys connect all wires except the green one to both the factory harness and the radio harness wires? Or do all 3 just go straight to the radio and the factory harness side is just tapped off? This confused me because this was my first install the and the directions weren't clear.Thanks!

I was just curious if anyone has a SIR-PNR2 sirius interface hooked up to their unit.... My Sirius unit is acting weird on the new radio, it detects it and shows all the information but their is no audio. However, if I go to the PNR2 and unplug the 12 volt power connector and plug it back in and go to the sirius on the radio it works perfectly fine. I have to do this everytime I turn the car on and want to listen to sirius. It has to be something with the new radio as the unit worked perfectly with my F90BT that was in their previously.

- Dan