AVIC411.com

I was just curious if anyone has a SIR-PNR2 sirius interface hooked up to their unit.... My Sirius unit is acting weird on the new radio, it detects it and shows all the information but their is no audio. However, if I go to the PNR2 and unplug the 12 volt power connector and plug it back in and go to the sirius on the radio it works perfectly fine. I have to do this everytime I turn the car on and want to listen to sirius. It has to be something with the new radio as the unit worked perfectly with my F90BT that was in their previously.

- Dan

Not sure about the SIR-PNR2 tuner, but I talked directly with Pioneer and Crutchfield and both said you must use the CD-SB10 and the SC-C1 in order for it to work.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about the SIR-PNR2 tuner, but I talked directly with Pioneer and Crutchfield and both said you must use the CD-SB10 and the SC-C1 in order for it to work.

I would believe that, but the SIR-PNR2 is specifically mentioned in the manual for the 8400 as well, talking about it's team and game status options for NFL. lol

lol, yeah I just read that in the manual too. But the manual says its an XM tuner? Are you on Sirius?

nah that manual says SIRIUS, both sat radios are just in the same section... yes I am on Sirius. I just called pioneer and put in a support ticket to have an engineer look into it. If not I will just see if I can get SiriusXM to switch my service over to my GEX-P920XM tuner that I have sitting brand new in my basement that was going to go into my now "ex" girlfriends car.

UPDATE: I just got a call back from pioneer support, they were able to reproduce the problem in their tests so they are going to forward the issue over to the engineering department in Japan where Pioneer HQ is and hopefully release a software update in the near future.

nah that manual says SIRIUS, both sat radios are just in the same section... yes I am on Sirius. I just called pioneer and put in a support ticket to have an engineer look into it. If not I will just see if I can get SiriusXM to switch my service over to my GEX-P920XM tuner that I have sitting brand new in my basement that was going to go into my now "ex" girlfriends car.

UPDATE: I just got a call back from pioneer support, they were able to reproduce the problem in their tests so they are going to forward the issue over to the engineering department in Japan where Pioneer HQ is and hopefully release a software update in the near future.

That's awesome. Good customer service!

On another note, does anyone know how to install the bypass wire? I got a new one coming tomorrow and I don't want to wire it wrong and end up pulling it in and out again.

Instructions say:

"1. Connect BLACK wire on module to radios black wire (radio ground wire(-))

2. Connect GREEN wire on module to radios light green wire (parking brake wire(-))

*DO NOT connect ANY WIRES to vehicles parking brake wire*

3. Connect BLUE wire on module to radios blue/white wire (remote amp turn on(+)

*will not interfere with amplifiers connected to this lead*"

Given this, I would wire it up like

7QYXo.jpg

Is this the correct way of wiring it?

Just got this unit and I'm testing with a 12v battery charger. Right now it is very glitchy..especially when I change modes (Radio, Aux, Bluetooth etc). It would beep and screen would black out momentarily every 2-3 seconds..and it cycles like this until i disconnect the wire and start over. The way I connected it to the 12v charger is black wire to ground and red/yellow to positive. Aren't these the only minimum wires required connected to do a bench test?

I'm wondering if I have a faulty unit or I actually need to connect all the wires to the car for it to function properly.

I just bypassed my AVH-P8400BH as well. I was disappointed to see the normal relay did not work.

However using a TR7 interface works perfectly. Don't need to mess around with programming or anything. Works quite well out of the box and is readily available at almost all car audio shops. No need to wait for shipping on a new unit from microbypass if you go this route.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I just installed my 8400BT on a Prius and I love it so far. It took me a while to install it all to get that perfect fit, but the wife sure likes it a lot. I bought this bypass from ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/150794389276?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 and when I try to activate the advanced app mode, it gives me the screen that says "CAUTION: Viewing of front seat video source while driving.... etc" and the OK button is there but it won't allow me to press it. I'm going to double check the wiring of my bypass later this week, but anyone know what could be causing this? I tried playing with parking, e-brake and etc. Anyhelp would be much appreciated, thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I just installed my 8400BT on a Prius and I love it so far. It took me a while to install it all to get that perfect fit, but the wife sure likes it a lot. I bought this bypass from ebay http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649 and when I try to activate the advanced app mode, it gives me the screen that says "CAUTION: Viewing of front seat video source while driving.... etc" and the OK button is there but it won't allow me to press it. I'm going to double check the wiring of my bypass later this week, but anyone know what could be causing this? I tried playing with parking, e-brake and etc. Anyhelp would be much appreciated, thanks!

Hey guys its really simple at this point either use a PAC TR-7 or use the bypass from Microbypass.com. You can order it directly from them or off of Amazon. Stop wasting your time trying other relays. Use what people have told you works.

• 1 year later...

I installed my avh-p8400bh today along with a rocker switch. Flip the rocker on, off, on. After that, I was prompted on the screen to click ok and the I was able to see the DVD menu. Before toggling the rocker switch, I could hear the DVD menu music looping in the background. If I didn't already have the switch bank, I'd probably have gone another route. For $2.49, the rocker was a sure fire winner for me. If it hadn't of worked, I wasn't out much.

As a side note, my rocker switch is in my center console, hidden. I have a bank of switches so adding another one wasn't a big deal to me (I have a 5 gang bank and have two spaces left. One will be used to toggle the rear camera once I get that ordered (I want to be able to see my load behind my truck).

I found the icon on the screen to turn the rear camera on so I might not install a switch - although flipping a toggle switch is fewer clicks than what is required to turn in the camera straight from the HU so well see.