AVIC411.com

Do you have XM Navtraffic activated?

Those buttons are only available with Navtraffic.

i activated it last night and very thing works i guess as far as i know, all the buttons are working but the traffic on route is the only thing thats grey...

what does it do and how can i make it work...

thanks

Do you keep your car in a garage? Was the car in the garage when you activated the NavTraffic?

yeah i was in the garage when i call XM, but i take it out and drove around until it activated around 20mins, but right when it activated i put it back in the garage...

It needs to update the information on traffic events, which is not something that is continually broadcast as a stream, it is sent periodically, and whenever there is a change. This may take about 10-20 minutes, depending on weather and if there are any obstructions around.

apax,

as far as the traffic on route button being greyed out it is probably because you didn't set a route anywhere. Mine is gray until I set a route and then this is works fine.......... I guess it's because it is what it says... traffic in route. Go figure.

Are the favorite and browse buttons grayed out?

bcd1

apax,

as far as the traffic on route button being greyed out it is probably because you didn't set a route anywhere. Mine is gray until I set a route and then this is works fine.......... I guess it's because it is what it says... traffic in route. Go figure.

Are the favorite and browse buttons grayed out?

bcd1

thanks i'll try that....and my favorite and browse are working fine....

That button will be greyed out unless you have an active route set up. Then it will come on to notify you of traffic conditions along your route.

okay, so let me get this straight, it will go on only if the traffic condition changes on my active route.