AVIC411.com

• 3 months later...

Old thread, I know. But i have a bypassed Avic D3 with active navtraffic service. I can set a route somewhere, and the traffic on route button is still greyed out. What's more, on one occasion, I pressed the "XM Traffic" button, and it gave me the old "There is no traffic information on your route". but when i looked at the list, there was an accident right on the highway I was taking (inner loop of 495 in the DC metro). Is something wrong with my stuff?

Nope, it looks like 495 is an Incident Only Freeway, which means the list will show you where accidents and construction are. To actually have the Nav verbally tell you about speed and show the speed bubbles on the map, you need to be driving on a Flow & Incident Freeway.

Here is your NavTraffic Coverage map:

http://www.xmradio.com/images/navtraffi ... ton_dc.jpg

I am sorry to say but it doesnt work like that. If you have a route programmed, AND you are on a Flow monitored roadway, the AVIC will tell you "There is slow moving traffic ahead", and the screen will prompt you if you want to reroute. The AVIC will only verbally notify for speed-related instances, not Incident items.

Nah dont worry. Youre not being a pain....yet ;) j/k :)

If you hit the button without a route plotted, it will just bring up the list. If you hit the button WITH a route plotted, the woman will say "There is no traffic information on your route", then on the screen it will ask you if you would like to see a list of incidents close to your route (with a yes or no option on the screen).

Its not a perfect service, but it has definitely helped me drive from NYC to FLA :)