AVIC411.com

iPod Functionality, but no sound!

I have tried several different iPods with the same result. I plug it in, using the correct iPod cable, and everything looks fine. I can see my music, navigate, etc. However, I get no sound.

Everything worked fine until about a week ago. I have pulled the unit to make sure cables were fine. I've reset to factory settings. Radio and other functions work fine, but no sound from any ipod.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

I've tried with it set and without. However, I was under the impression that the AV1 setting had to do with video. The manual is unclear.

Is there a "hard reset" for the device? It feels like a setting problem to me as well. I tried the "return to factory settings", but that doesn't seem to really put everything back.

There's no logical reason it should have stopped working. Everything looks perfect, and there is no damage anywhere. I'm open to trying anything.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

I have had my unit for about 6 months and I don't generally listen to my iPod in the car. However, on a road trip this week, I decided to give it a go, and I have the same problem. I can see the iPod. It's connected. I can navigate through the screens on the iPod on the head unit. The only thing is I get no sound. I tired both my iPod nano and my iPhone. if I pair the iPhone via bluetooth, I get sound. But with the pioneer cable, no sound. If I just set it to AV1 and use an audio cable, I can get sound, but then I have to use the nano to navigate...sort of defeats the purpose of being able to connect to the head unit.

I am considering going back to exchange the cable, because I can think of no other reason for there being no sound. Maybe someone here knows the solution.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I bought X940BT today and I have the same problem.

I'm using the apple cable that came with my ipod(since I'm not interested in video, just the audio). I can see my playlist etc but no audio. Did anyone find a solution for this? I don't think I have to buy Pioneer cable for this? or Do I?

Appreciate any help. Other than this, this unit seems to fantastic.

I bought X940BT today and I have the same problem.

I'm using the apple cable that came with my ipod(since I'm not interested in video, just the audio). I can see my playlist etc but no audio. Did anyone find a solution for this? I don't think I have to buy Pioneer cable for this? or Do I?

Appreciate any help. Other than this, this unit seems to fantastic.

You must use the special Pioneer cable to connect to the X940BT. A regular iPod cable will not work.

Sun, Thanks for the reply.

Yesterday, I tried something and it WORKED. I connected the ipod to USB connector cable (same cable that we use to connect ipod to computer for charging and sync) and regular audio cable (that we connect to ipod where the headphone is connected) to the 940BT and it got the ipod audio. Weird...

But now, I've two cables from my ipod connected to the X940BT and I get ipod audio and can control playlist etc. If I disconnect any of the cable, I do not get audio.

I thought I'll share with folks who already have a regular ipod cable and an audio cable and do not want to buy another Pioneer cable.

Nitin