AVIC411.com

So my avic is stuck on "system startup in progress," then reboots.....

So today I turned on my car, and I got some type of windows error box. I reset the my avic f90bt, and I thought everything was fine. I'm driving down the highway, and my unit all of a sudden just reboots. On my ride home, it happens another 3-4 times, rebooting it self every 3-4 minutes. I've searched up and down, and there's been numerous different "fixes" but nothing that's been a definite solution.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction? If somebody is in So Cal and willing to help, I'll gladly tip $$

you will need to do some reading on the forum, but it can be fixed. (If you will spend some time reading, it can be fixed for free - and probably even updated to recent fw, maps, and pois).

most likely igo (the nav core for these models) has some problem starting up

1. boot into testmode on sd

2. manually launch igo (/apl2/igo/ezrider.exe)

3. inspect error and try to fix

my problem was that i was editing /apl2/igo/content/lang folder on a mac, and it left junk files (_somefile.zip) which igo didnt like in the folder

hey would any of you guys happen to have the files needed to do a complete system restore? i have a f90bt and its been frozen on the splash screen for like 4 months i have spent a lot of time reading and seems i need the backup files, winceimg.bin and another winceimg.... as well as testmode. I believe i found a copy of test mode but nothing happens when i put the card in.. I can get it into service mode though.

can i use my old 2.0 update in service mode?

do you think the 3.0 update would fix it if I am about to do it in service mode? will gladly pay for the files or whatever to fix it just dont want to send it to pioneer for 240 bucks

• 9 months later...