AVIC411.com

Z140BH is a "Game Changer"

• 1 month later...

Just received mine. Spent 3 days reading the four large manuals for the Chev 2007 Silverado Classic 6.6HD ext cab and 9 separate sets of manuals for all the separate parts you have to integration. Torn out dash and old radio (Bose SM unit), and measured/determined mount points for all the separate bits.

Still not sure how to get ASWC connected between steering wheel control and AVIC-140BH.

Connector C1 has REV (backup light signal), VSpeed, for the camera am building a y cable to wire both 2nd video and reverse so I can use as remote mirror when trailering. Will do the brake mod to disable the safety police crap.

next time will stop and have Best Buy do it for $125. So far 8 hrs time invested.

But if I can get the ASWC working for steering control to the AVIC should have nice system. Still has the BOSE amp and speakers.

I have both ipad and xooms so will test these in the next couple of days. Picked up a dev kit for AVIC will see what can be done with it.

From what I here this rig is not bad, hope I am not dissappointed. And hope my truck does not get locked out with the security stuff. Have OBD2 programmer to fix however.

Just installed The 140BH in my 09 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab. So far Im liking it. Last week I installed an Alpine INA-W910 and took it back out 3 days later. In my opinion it doesnt hold a candle to the AVIC, except for the Alpine lower the music/video volume when giving GPS info.

Is there a way to set the Pioneer up to do this ??