AVIC411.com

Jailbreak Appradio / Appradio Plus

Alright, I tried it.  Absolutely nothing happened.

I hooked up my USB drive to the App Radio 2 (SPH-DA100) and tried to follow the AppRadio+ instructions below.  The first time I started at Step 3 to attempt and install AppRadio+ right over the AppRadio 2 firmware.  Nothing happened.  Second, I started at step 1 and attempted to install the AppRadio 1 (SPH-DA02) firmware and again nothing happened.  I welcome any tips on installation.  When I tried, the AppRadio started up as it normally does and asked to connect my smart phone; paid no attention to the USB drive.

1. update to the latest sph-da02 firmware 4.17.

2. download the sph-da01 firmware 2.64

3. extract the files from AppRadio_plus_26_264.rar, but not the appradio directory.

4. extract the CE66 folder from the sph-da01 firmware.

5. boot up the deck with the sd card.  This will boot the deck to the desktop.  

6. click start, programs, windows explorer.  select the SD card directory. double click on the "UpgradeMPU.exe" this will install the sph-da01 firmware on the deck.  when prompted, remove the SD Card before rebooting.

7. reboot the deck, check to make sure everything is working, you can check the firmware version on the settings page.

8. now extract all the files and folders from the AppRadio_plus_26_264.rar to the CD card.

9. reboot the deck again with the SD card in and start the install of the appradio plus.  :)

10 remove the SD card after the install. 

11 reboot and verify, you should see the new background on the screen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have you warning message when you start your appradio ?

Yes, I have the warning message when I start my AppRadio (SPH-DA100).

Do I need to wait for the warning message before plugging in the USB?  I tried inserting the USB at different times (car off, car on/radio starting, car on/radio fully booted up) with no results.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...