AVIC411.com

help with SD card for updating

hey guys, i need to know of some of the SD card brands you used to update your avic f90bt machine, it seems like the 2 sd cards i have dont work, i need to find out what brand and company sd cards you guys used to update that worked, and how it was formatted(fat, fat 32)

please someone let me know ive spent $30 already on these 2 cards

thanks!

I use a 8GB Lexar in mine; no issues.

hey Jason!

i bought a lexar 8 gig from walmart brand new and i tried the update still says update fail when i get into the blue service screen.

if you dont mind me asking can you please tell me how you formated the card? like did you do it through DOS CMD, or did you open my computer and right click the card then just click format?

cause i just put the files onto the card right when i opened, and it was fat32

thanks!

i had no issues with: 4gb sdhc sandisk, kingston 8gb sdhc, other non-name sd cards

did you put winceimg.bin and winceimg.cks on the root of the sdcard?

exactly which option did you choose from in the uboot (blue) menu?

what happens? what is displayed on the screen?

please be more descriptive of your issue.

i had no issues with: 4gb sdhc sandisk, kingston 8gb sdhc, other non-name sd cards

did you put winceimg.bin and winceimg.cks on the root of the sdcard?

exactly which option did you choose from in the uboot (blue) menu?

what happens? what is displayed on the screen?

please be more descriptive of your issue.

hey!

i had 5 files from the updated, i dragged them into the sd card, like the sd card was empty so i just dragged and dropped the 5 files into the sd card then when it was done the 5 files were in it,

the files were: my flash disk

testmode

device.nng

WINCEIMG

WINCEIMG.CKS

is that the way to make them to the root of your sd card?

in the UBOOT blue screen after i did the service combination, then slect wince upgrade, then select wince by sd/mmc (format) then when i do it says update failed at the bottem about 10 secs laterish

thanks guys

hey im trying despritly hard to fix my f90 but cant find the files anyplace I need a back up the winceimg.bin and cks and testmode would you be so kind to other send me a pm and email the files or something or post where you found them every link I have tried is dead. I think i have a copy of testmode on a scan disk but my screen is frozen on the splash screen so i figured i would try the rebot fix bc can only access the service mode. Woud be super appriciate if you could hook it up going crazy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I tried to update my F90BT as well. Tried two different SD cards, formatted to fat 32, tried two different updates from Pioneer, even had pioneer send me the updates on an SD card ready to install.... nothing. The stereo will play the sound files that are on the SD card so I guess I can rock out to beebs and blips, and buzzing noices while I pull my hair out...

• 1 month later...

Having the same problem as itlbtu on my newly bought F40. Nothing happens when I insert the card. But it shows up and I can listen to the sound files on the update. Does have 4.000000 and tries to update to 04.010000. (Did use the card to update the radio reception and it worked fine.

Help greatly appriciated, I'm out of ideas.

I have to answer myself even though it's emberassing. Read that I could se more detailed info under the Service info and there it stood, 4.01.

The system was 4.00 but the FW was 4.01

I tried to update to the already installed FW. The problem was that the F40 didn't respond at all to that, just nothing.

There was a bunch of hours just for nothing ...