AVIC411.com

X930BT Splash Screen Install Issues

My X930BT won't install new splash screens from the SD card. It will read them and display them correctly on the screen, but then says "Splash Screen Update Failed" as soon as I click OK. Called Pioneer and their solution was reset (which was done, no dice), and then send in for service. Also tried formatting the SD Card, used a DIFFERENT SD card....but nothing will work. Any ideas before I send this stupid thing in to Pioneer?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

How do I do it via USB? I feel like it won't even read the files from a thumb drive

Try using AVIC Feeds, there it will let you choose any pic you want and format it correctly and has an option to xfer it to your sd card. The only issue once it xfers to the sd it names it wallpaper.gif or something, so it only lets you do one at a time, so once it is transfered to the sd, find it  in the PC folder it creates and rename it, as if you dont it will create the defualt name each time, so if you try to do more than one splash screen it over rides the file each time as all are name wallpaper.gif or whatever it was. Much easier than formating yourself and try to move it to the right place. Just go to settings replicator on the 930 once it boots up with the sd and it will import it for you. Hope that helps someone.