AVIC411.com

Z130 startup: Be aware your picture may appear backwards??

Hi All,

I just had my new Z130 installed with the bypass. Everything seems to be working fine (except for the backup cam and dimming of the nav map when my headlights are on...which are separate issues).

On a few occassions when I started up my truck, a message appears on a black screen with white letters. It states something along the lines of "Be aware your picture may appear backwards (or reversed)."

I don't recall the exact verbage. Any ideas why this would be displayed? Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Again, it only happens on 2 out of 10 times I started the vehicle. After the screen passes, everything appears to be working correctly (and nothing to my knowledge is backwards).

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Kris

Thanks for the quick reply.

Oddly, the screen appears after the engine is fired up. The truck is still in park with the e brake on.

Also, there's no view of what's behind me from the cam...

I should note, my back up cam isn't working right now. Not too sure what the installer failed to do...

Any ideas?

The reverse lead is connected incorectly then. The only time that message is displayed is when the AVIC gets 12v on the reverse lead.

You can disable the camera in the settings as a temp workaround. You can also look at connection status to see the reverse status.

I have a related question. When I first start my truck up and put it into reverse, the backup camera comes on and the display is clear and bright. After 30 seconds or so the screen will black out and come back on. When it comes back on the reversed image message appears on the screen, and the backup image is darker and not nearly as crisp. Does anyone know of a way to prevent this from happening? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• 9 months later...

I have a related question. When I first start my truck up and put it into reverse, the backup camera comes on and the display is clear and bright. After 30 seconds or so the screen will black out and come back on. When it comes back on the reversed image message appears on the screen, and the backup image is darker and not nearly as crisp. Does anyone know of a way to prevent this from happening? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Check the ground... I had a similar issue on a different head unit, the camera would flicker and I would have to put the truck into and out of gear a few times to make it work right. Once I got the ground for the camera hooked up better it fixed the problem.