AVIC411.com

Playing music from Aux on Avic-z3

From what I read so far the only way i can play music from my Evo 3D phone is to contact it to auxiliary cable through the phone headset, please correct me if i'm wrong.

When I checked Crucified website they recommend using cable CDRB10 or P.I.E PIO/P-RCA. The guy said I can plug to the back of the unit or I can plug it to the iPod box. I’m not sure how that will work if both iPod and phone connected at the same time.

When I talked to Pioneer they told me I need to use CDRB20 and I can’t plug it to the iPod box and I need to plug it to the back of the unit.

In my car, G35 sedan, is a pain to get to the back of the unit so I hope someone can tell me what cable I need and what’s the easiest way to add Aux. Thanks

The easiest and cheapest is to use the A/V input. Z1/2/3 all come with an RCA A/V input cable on the back of the unit. Connect using an RCA to a 1/8" din headphone connector that plugs into your phone. I am assuming the Evo has a standard headphone jack? No solution will allow you to control the Evo from the headunit or charge it.

• 11 months later...

To clarify, connect the RCA (yellow and white)  cable on the back of the Z3 to the input labelled  AV INPUT.    I noticed you have to then play around with the settings.  You have to select in Audio options;   AV Input, select Video, then you get sound.  For some reason, I have have to turn OFF AUX. 

Reason why this method is cheaper because the AUX cable from Pioneer doesn't use RCA on the end going into the unit, it has its own propreitary input going into the unit and its expensive.   The RCA to 3.5mm cable is alot cheaper so thats why Garrettromney recommends this method.

I thought all you do in connect the RCA cables to the harness labeled AV INPUT, then turn on AUX in the audio settings.....and thats it....but to get sound, I had to turn OFF AUX, and then select VIDEO within the AV input option,  kinda counterintuitive.