AVIC411.com

I live in NJ and this moring is -13 degrees wind chill and I got up for work went outside started my truck around 5:30am and the N3 head unit powered up for a second and then everything went off lights and all...UTOH!

I waited until it was warm in the truck turned off the ignition, started up the truck and the N3 lit up but nothing on the lcd and about 10 seconds later went dead................ Man, I can't believe this crap.

Does anyone have any suggestions? HELPPPPPPPP!

bcd1

Honestly, although it isn't suppose to occur, it is probably just due to the cold. I know I live in Montreal for several years while attending McGill University and my electornics would stop working or do quirky things when it got cold....it got to -40 there. Let your truck warm up, and then see

sigforlife,

I hear you.... I have some friends that live in Canada and this is nothing compared to what they go through.

Jimmy303.... what do you mean mute the avic? I have the steering wheel remote but how would that help?

Thanks guys I appreciate your help.

bcd1

Well, my N3 crapped out.........Dam cold weather. I pulled the head and replugged the N1 and the N1 works fine. Plugged the N3 back in it lights up for 5 seconds nothing on the lcd then shuts off. Man this sucks.

I bought this system off fleabay.... fingers crossed for a warranty. In any event I guess I have no choice but to call pioneer to get it fixed.

I had my N1 for sale now I'll have to keep it until the N3 is fixed. As far as I'm concerned this unit is sold all over the world I'm sure it's designed to withstand extreme heat and cold.

I know blah blah blah blah...... just thinking out loud.

bcd1

If so Jimmy303 that would mean everthing is working but I just wouldn't be able to see what's on the screen because the screen isn't lit either.

I think you have something there........ because when I unplug and plug the N3 back in the screen comes out and stays out but no lights or sound response when I touch the buttons.

When I take the faceplate off the screen goes back in but no lights or anything else.

Jimmy303 what would you suggest if anything?

bcd1

Thanks Jimmy303....... I actually had already visited pioneer site and read the free fix. I was under the impression only the N1 and N2 HU were affected.

But worth checking into..............I'll have to wait until Monday when they open.

Again, I appreciate your response and the time you took to help me.

bcd1

Mrailing,

thanks I actually disconnected the unit and had warmed up the truck as well as parked in the sun, plugged it back in and same story.

The problem with that scenario is even if it worked that would mean I have a tempormental head unit. Not good.

I think my best bet is waiting for pioneer to open Monday.

Btw I re-installed my N1 hu and I must say the N1 hu with the N3 brain I really don't see any difference at all. Everything looks and works the same. Ummmmmmm

bcd