AVIC411.com

D3 Insert Appropriate Disk Try This First.

I know this is a common issue and a lot of people want to know how to fix this. There are a few threads explaining how to reset the nav but require a remote. For those that do not have a remote try this first.

This works if you have updated your nav and need to downgrade back to original disk.

-First insert upgrade disk and go into nav menu.

-Then go into your nav settings and change your language, doesnt matter what you change it to just as long as it is different than what you currently have.

-The system will try to update and will more than likely fail, eject the upgrade disk and insert the original older disk. System should update at this point.

-After update is done it will ask you to set your time, do that and set your language back to english. Your. Nav should be good to go now and no more "Insert Appropriate Disk" messages.

This may not work for every situation, but it did work for me to downgrade my nav and, get my maps to show up, no more errors while trying to set route and get rid of the IAD message. Just figured people could give this a shot before going out and buying the remote just for the purpose of downgrading their nav.