AVIC411.com

Stream Pandora, watch video, stream music, from all iphones and ipods or android and more as of 2012.

i wanted to show every one the best way to stream pandora...

watch video's from and i device, even iphone 4s, and all ipods...

listen to music and much more...

1. BUY PART - OPTION 1 apple users only- a isimple cable is76 about $25 on amazon as of 2/2012 ( this cable hooks into the bottom of your ipod like a charger does, on the other end of the cable it has all av composite ends video/audio/ and +/- )

or

OPTION 2 any other audio/video users - with a head phone jack,android, even iphones - 3.55m to composite cable. cheap under $10. TIP- get the kind that fits your device.

2. INSATLLATION - access the back of your unit;

a. connect the 3 composite cables yellow/white/red, to video input and audio input on the back of the Z1,

(TIP insulate each, with one wrap of electrical tape for no sound interfeance later on.)

b. connect the + & - black and red wire to the black and red wires on the back of the Z1 unit.

c. run the cable that will work best for your vehical.

3. CHANGE SETTINGS - in the av settings of your Z1, turn ON your AV INPUT, from "off" to "Video" (stock this feature is turned "OFF" so you must turn it on.)

see images below!

post-57927-0-71407300-1329425158_thumb.jpg

post-57927-0-59212200-1329425176_thumb.jpg

post-57927-0-40056200-1329425902_thumb.jpg

post-57927-0-42418100-1329425911_thumb.jpg

the isimple is76 cable currently doesnt charge the ipad, but also wont drain your battery when its connected, i contacted isimple company and they have made one that supports ipad, but its not released every where yet. i found the one at a local audio shop with the ipad charging support, but they wanted $80. for it. thats $55. more than amazon.

• 1 month later...

I found this cable for the Android HTC... It claims the following:

Video signal is put out through RGB standard output while keeping your devices' battery charging.

This cable also features an extra Micro-USB charging socket which is built into the side of the plug of the cable, so you can be sure your device stays charged.

Features:

• Micro USB
  • Left, Right audio and Video RCA
  • In-line Ext Micro-USB charging socket on plug

http://www.shopandro.../5A205A7232.htm

tried using the headphone jack of my Iphone 4 to the black and red audio input on the z-2 and turning the aux on in the settings, but it did not work.

Will try buying the isimple cable and see if that works.

Any suggustions will be appriciated. Thanks.