AVIC411.com

Anyone want to update and test my 700BT for me (I'll pay of course)?

I have a used 700BT but having all kinds of problems installing it, the hardware bypass is not done, the contrast on the screen seems low

and since I'm too stupid to pimp it with better firmware, I was looking to buy/trade a unit that's already been upgraded with a better

firmware, maps, etc, but I also got the idea that maybe someone here would be interested in doing that for me for some kind of payment.

I have a lot of stuff to trade for and it's trades only for now as I have no cash (well, depends on how much you'd charge me of course).

So I don't get booted, I'll just link to the buy sell thread I just posted which has some more info on what I have to trade. Most of my

stuff is either new or like new.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/33605-wtt-i-want-a-700bt-or-similar-unit-and-want-to-trade-have-lots-of-stuff/

PM me if you're interested or, if I don't reply (not sure if I get notified of replies) email me at info AT georgepics DOT c o m

If someone wants to take on my unit to update it and do the bypass on it and test it on their vehicle and then

send it back to me. I'm not very happy with this unit as I think touch sensitivity sucks but not sure if it's the unit or the firmware

or what.

Thanks

George

• 4 weeks later...

you can ship your unit to me or bring it to me in new jersey and i can upgrade it for you to latest firmware and maps

Hey, where are you in Jersey? I have a friend of mine that I'm shipping stuff off to soon, maybe I can do it at the same time?

He's in Fair Lawn, NJ 07410

Thanks

George

you can ship your unit to me or bring it to me in new jersey and i can upgrade it for you to latest firmware and maps

might be interested in this, as i am also in north jersey. how much? truthfully i could update it myself if someone could provide the files, but since all links are down, i guess im sol in that dept.

Ok boys, I'm gonna run out of money here soon which usually means I'll be flat broke so now's the time

to do this while I still have money to ship this thing and pay the pimper something.

I've had several replies but no one tells me how much they want to do this.

Remember, I WOULD like for you to update it with a better firmware (preferably give me a choice of one

if possible) and update the maps. Also, hook it up to any vehicle to see that it's actually working. I'll

send the harness so you can make sure that the hardware bypass IS actually working.

What's this gonna cost me (for YOUR time, don't include shipping costs as I'll obviously handle that)?

My main gripes are:

Super low contrast

$hitty sensitivity

I can barely see the damn clock on it

Boot time

I would LOVE a couple of shots/screen caps between different firmware out there

that you could do.

I expect to be using the gps mostly AND the hands free calling.

I will play some music too and ease of finding/scrolling music will be appreciated. I'll use

an external mp3 player.

Maps however are the most important thing and the reason I bought this. Second is

the hands free calling even though I don't talk much at all while I drive.

Since others seem to be interested in this, please respond in the thread.

Thanks

George

Since I have 100 people now asking for help I am near morristown nj., I was going to do it as a favor for the original poster and possibly get a dinner or 12 pack out of the deal. If you want to offer me money I would not say no to the rest of you.

I can update to 3.1 for you, its just as easy to ship you a sd card and you follow simple instructions and do it yourself. either way works

pay for shipping and sd card plus whatever you want to "tip" me.

Super low contrast.. fine except in the bright sun it can be a little bit of a pain but this is any lcd.

$hitty sensitivity.. one thing i can not complain about

I can barely see the damn clock on it.. I made the clock bigger on the map screen but yea this sucks

Boot time. this is fixed in 3.0.

THanks bro. I'm the original op by the way but another dude chimed in and I'm gonna send the whole unit to him. That way he can check a lot of other stuff too so I'm good.

I appreciate the offer though.

IF you have lots of people doing this, make a bit of money from it. Just sell'em a card with the instructions or if you have the time, let them send the units to you or of course

like you said, just have them send the card and pay shipping both ways with a small donation :)

Thanks

George